Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making the named attribute in a block stay centered horizontally in the block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JP505050
310 Views, 4 Replies

Making the named attribute in a block stay centered horizontally in the block

Hi everyone. I used AutoCAD daily but dont normally create or edit dynamic blocks. I appreciate any help that can be given about my question.

I've attached a file that includes a simple rectangular object with an attribute (LOCATION_NAME) that is at the top of the object. The width and height of the object are adjustable with grips, but what I'd like to happen is that the attribute stays horizontally centered on the object no matter how wide the object is made to be.

Hopefully I'm explaining this clearly! Any help is welcome. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: JP505050

Message 3 of 5
JP505050

Thank you!!

Message 4 of 5
JP505050
in reply to: Libbya

@Libbya could you post the modified file? For some reason I am not able to reproduce the steps exactly.

Message 5 of 5
Libbya

I don't save the files.

To make it easier to follow the screencast, make it fullscreen, play it at 1/2 speed and keep an eye on the command line.

I deleted the extra parameter, then associated the orphaned move action with the remaining horizontal linear parameter taking care to associate it with the point that has the grip, then with the move action selected I changed the distance modifier property to 0.5.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report