ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Look ups

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sscott9G46T
176 Views, 2 Replies

Look ups

Hi i have been working on dynamic blocks with multiple visibility states for a while now, the drawings involve multiple blocks with their own visibility states added together to make a complete item. but i have recently discovered people using look ups to imitate  visibility states, this would shortcut my need to add multiple blocks with visibility states and just have the one block that does everything i need, I have looked into double look ups that reference a visibility state and i have that working now but i need to add more BUT do i need to reference the same visibility as the other or can i do it another way ? i need about six of them in one block.

sorry for the explanation, hope it makes sense.... 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: sscott9G46T

@sscott9G46T wrote:

hope it makes sense.... 

not really (for me), without seeing your block(s)  šŸ˜ž 

JĆ¼rgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
sscott9G46T
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

so i have created look ups for the side view and the riggers now i need all the boom lengths with all of the fly jib attachments for every view and every rigger span so how do i go about that, do i need to add then into the visibility state ? that would be a lot of states, not sure ho to go about it but i want to me able to choose a view > choose and rigger span > choose if i want a jib attachment and if so which at what angle.

before all of these drawings would be separate blocks with their own visibility states, but i want to create one block with all options. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report