Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert a block with multiple clicks (2 insertion points)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jeroendewind
185 Views, 5 Replies

Insert a block with multiple clicks (2 insertion points)

Hi all,

Is it possible to insert a block with multiple insertion points? In my case the block looks like a leader, I want to click on the insertion point, and then click again where I want to place the text (attributes). 

It's like the adaptive points Revit I use sometimes, or another example would be a triangle when you have 3 insertion points and create a triangle based on those points.

When I google on this, I get all options with multple insertion points, but those are just options to cycle trough; you can choose between those, but only select one.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: jeroendewind

I'm not sure if it's possible with lisp. However, if you add point moves to locked attributes you can move them. See the attached drawing for an example

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
jeroendewind
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks for the effort, but this block also has just 1 insertion point. I need to place the block with default settings, and then move the text with another action. I already have that covered with a stretch parameter, so there can be more stuff moved in the same action.

I like the idea of moving the attibutes with the Point parameter, but isn't that te same as setting them as unlocked?

Message 4 of 6
hwalker

No. It's a bit of a weird one, I'm not sure why. If you set them as "unlocked" they cannot be moved. Give it a go on that block I posted.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 6
jeroendewind
in reply to: hwalker

Yeah, I tried it already, first thing I did. But as I said, I can only place it (with 1 mouseclick), After that I can grab a text (attribute) and move it around, but not while inserting it.

Message 6 of 6
jeroendewind

Last effort, any suggestions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost