Imperial scale bar

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
10574 Views, 19 Replies

Imperial scale bar

Hello,
Attached is a link of an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrIhgDucs8 of an imperial engineer scale bar. I would like exactly the same thing but for an architectural scale bar.
The scale bar scale will be 1/8”= 1’-0”, 1/4” = 1’-0”, 1/2” = 1’-0", 3/4”= 1’=0”.
Would anyone have a couple of imperial architectural scale bars that they would like to share or can someone make me one based on my recommendation.
Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

...can someone make me one based on my recommendation.

I could, but I'm curious what you are offering to pay for the work?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

I dont need your payed service if your are not willing to make one for me then forget it.

Message 4 of 20
Libbya

I wonder if you misunderstand the purpose of this forum.  It is for helping people to learn how to do their work, as opposed to a means for people to get free work done for them. 

Did you have a question about how Dynamic Blocks work so that you can make your own scale bar?  Have you tried searching the archives?  I know the topic has come up a few times.

Message 5 of 20
S.Faris

This is YOUR previous post on same TOPIC : Wanted imperial scale bar

Back then @gotphish001 provided you the block and mentioned "You didn't look very hard. I found one in about 45 seconds".

Get the block from that post 🙂

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 6 of 20
s.borello

I have the exact block you need.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: s.borello

@s.borello wrote:

Hello,

Sorry I did not get back sooner been busy with other things.

Hello,
Attached is a pdf of an ¼”=1’-0” architectural scale which shows feet and the inches divisions.
I would like to make this a dynamic block where I can have the follow:
1. Increments of .5 for the feet (ex. 1’, 1’-6” etc)
2. Able to stretch the feet to whatever length I want
3. Lookup for scale ¼”=1’-0”, ½”=1’-0”, 1/8”=1’-0”, 1”=1’-0”, 3/8”=1’-0”,3/4”=1’-0”
4. Show the inches divisions for all scales.
Does anyone have something like this I can use?
Thanks

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous

@s.borello wrote:

Hi,

Thanks when you have time can you post them. I would like to use them so I can learn how to do this.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

@S.Faris wrote:

This is YOUR previous post on same TOPIC : Wanted imperial scale bar

Back then @gotphish001 provided you the block and mentioned "You didn't look very hard. I found one in about 45 seconds".

Get the block from that post 🙂

Hello,

Here is the problem I am having with the dynamic scale bar. When I change to lets say a 1/4"=1'-0" it does not scale correctly. Something wrong with the dynamic.

I am still learning this and appreciate if you can get this to work for me. If something is not clear on what I want let me know.

Thanks

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

@s.borello wrote:

Hello,

Can you send me the scale bar file.

Thanks

Message 11 of 20
timothy_crouse

Here you go.

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: timothy_crouse

@timothy_crouse wrote:

Here you go.

Hello,

I am having problems with the dynamic block it seems not to change to various scale.

Thanks

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

@timothy_crouse wrote:

Here you go.

Thanks finally got it to work had a server problem.

Message 14 of 20

I'm so glad I did the search before committing to designing a nested dynamic block like this- this is quality work, and is deeply appreciated! 🙂 

Message 15 of 20
PaulineP54QC
in reply to: S.Faris

Hello,

By the way, I also was looking for it and came across with that one too, very good job! Just wondering if you insert it in "model" space (1:1).  I am assuming that the block must be inserted in "Model" space and somehow set the scale in the viewport so it will look right, correct? I am not positively sure if this block is working correctly or I am missing something here since I noticed the measures are wrong in "Model" space. What should the scale in the viewport need to be so it will look right in the "Layout" space?  If you know about it please would you let me know? Any help will be appreciate it. Thanks!  

Message 16 of 20

Here are a few updated versions adapted to NCA / AEC CAD Standards

If you are familiar with the block you will see that you explode it a couple of times to get to a single instance to save space if that is of concern to you.

I noticed the single instance of the block may behave buggy when you change the height to match the paper size using the dynamic control.  The updated ones have been reworked but may still mis-behave if you copy them between drawings.    I have better luck with dynamic blocks if I wblock them out of a drawing to a temp location them _classicinsert them into the drawing of interest.

I have noticed issues with acads performance regarding dynamic blocks and dynamic blocks with attributes.  Again, my workaround is to _classicinsert them into the drawing.

Message 17 of 20

Just wondering if you insert it in "model" space (1:1).

>>you could create a dedicated scale VP at 1:1 if you are required to place them in MS.

I typically place them on a layout sheet border at a scale of 1.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 18 of 20
chezronify

Thank you for the files. I am new to this. How do I copy and place them in a drawing? I do control + C  but "control + v"  doesn't "paste" it into an AutoCAD file. Please provide the steps tp input them into a CAD drawing.

Message 19 of 20
timothy_crouse
in reply to: chezronify

If Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V are not working I would try a full restart and see if that cleans that up.  You could also try the following:

Right click and select copy

Then go into the clean drawing and right click and select paste.

OR

In the original file run "WBLOCK"  >> Select the NESTED BLOCK and the desired save location

Go to the new file and type  "_classicinsert"  browse to the file location to select the file to insert.

OR 

Use design center

OR

Use the newer INSERT dialog

If you get them inserted (1:1) you then select which scale via a visstate.  >>  Then EXPLODE it

and select she height of the scale to match the sheet size it will be used on.

If you notice any issues please let me know.  Those shading doesn't always seem to work as the height is selected.

I have troubleshot this multiple times but sometimes a bug creeps back in.  I think it is a dynamic block editor issue.  My guess is, if you want to edit it do it in a clean file then re-insert it in the desired drawing.

Hope that helps

-Tim C.

Message 20 of 20
chezronify

Really good information Tim. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost