Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Fix dimension in dynamic block

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Amriya_Exe
489 Views, 8 Replies

How to Fix dimension in dynamic block

I have to fix my block of 39.9m between 39.80m length by scale parameter but I want to keep radius of circles and width of the rectangle keep constant. I tried to use this constraint parameters to that objects like fix vertical and radius but its not remaining same after block scale.

tastnhsrcl_0-1705820221915.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Amriya_Exe

Post your block please. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Amriya_Exe
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

yes

Message 4 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

Attached one of the blocks as example modified.

BTW: IMO it's no need to split the rectangles into two U's. I think you can draw each of the shapes as a complete rectangle. (But I didn't do that in my dwg, that has nothing to do with your main problem).

If you need more detailed explanation let me know ...

[EDIT]: @Amriya_Exe asked to delete the attachments. Done.

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Amriya_Exe

Yes please I need detailed explanation for how this distance multiplier works..

Message 6 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

@Amriya_Exe wrote:

Yes please I need detailed explanation for how this distance multiplier works..

What do you want to know: 

- How to set the Distance Multipliers or

- where the values are coming from or

- what the Distance Multipliers do or

- ... ?

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Amriya_Exe

I have sent you PM please check it if possible
Message 8 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

What do you need the EXCEL for? 

To calculate the Distance Multipliers divide the distance from the left of the objects to be stretched by the Total length, as shown in the (in the meantime deleted) image above 1*). In your posted (also deleted here) file as example for the most left stretch action divide 4990 by 39900 and you get a Distance Multiplier of 1.2506266. 

In some cases you can - when you are asked for the Multiplier's value - type directly the distance values separated by a slash, as example type "4990/39900" (of course without the " "). But this only works, if both values are integer (no decimal) numbers and both must be smaller than 32768. The last example wouldn't work because 39900 is too large, but you can type "499/3990" and AutoCAD calculates immediately the correct value. Only in the cases that is not possible you need a calculator (AutoCAD has some built in calculators) to calculate the needed Distance Multipliers.  

1*) Of course I talk about the initial values in the block definition. In the inserted block references you later can stretch the block to any other total length.  

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Amriya_Exe

Understood Thank you for your staring uour valuable time and information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report