Did you mean: 

Help! Dynamic block's hatch is flying all over the place

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mrenstra1
626 Views, 5 Replies

Help! Dynamic block's hatch is flying all over the place

I was copying a drawing from one file to another and when i checked it, the hatch of the wall block is not in the correct position.

I am using AutoCAD 2016Capture.JPG

It seems to only affect dynamic blocks, not general hatches.  Readjusting the wall's length fixes one but is there any way to fix all of them at once? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
vinodkl
in reply to: mrenstra1

Hi,

Before copying it to another file purge the drawing and in which you are trying to copy. 

If it doesn't help, please post the file for testing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
mrenstra1
in reply to: vinodkl

I tried purging it beforehand but it still does it after i paste the drawing. Here's the file before and after i copy the drawing to another file.

Message 4 of 6
vinodkl

Hi,

If I am not wrong your trying to copy the dynamic block from drawing named "Before" to the drawing named "After" and the blocks hatch are flying in air in this drawing. Is this what your trying to do?

If that's the case open the drawing named " After" and select the dynamic block and right click and select "select similar" and now delete them and purge the drawing. Now you can Copy the dynamic block from the drawing named "before".

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 5 of 6
mrenstra1
in reply to: vinodkl

No, i copied the whole drawing from "Before" to a new file (After). it's technically the same drawing, only in different files. Only after i paste the drawing in "After", the hatch from the blocks are misplaced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MZXs6be6qGme5I5PTA1MfQximyDE1hGW/view?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 6
vinodkl

Hi,

Looks like the problem is with the Hatch inside the block. Remove the Hatch and apply hatch again for the both the blocks.

One tip would be never to turn off the "0" layer in the drawing. If you want the turn off and turn on the xref, create a separate layer for xref, say "XREF" and add the xref into this layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost