Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having MText within a dynamic block that has fields that update to attribute values within the same block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
michael.kirkaldieZ3SF5
193 Views, 2 Replies

Having MText within a dynamic block that has fields that update to attribute values within the same block

Hello,

We have an issue at our company where we want to use the same manhole blocks for multiple drawings of different scale. The blocks work by having 3 attributes in a line, with a point that can move them around. The actual manhole diagram moves separately and needs to be the correct size regardless of scale.

What we would like to do is have the attributes be annotative and scale (with the manhole diagram staying the same size) and keep their distance / positioning from each other and have a background mask.

I have attached our block. Could we have the field in the mtext reference the value of the attributes and scale annotatively? We would then hide the attributes. 

Thank you,

Mike

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. I think you want a manhole that never changes but a manhole reference that can be scaled to suit your drawings.

If I understood you correctly then adding an additional "look up" is your solution. 

I've put together a very quick and crude Dynamic Block for you.  See the bottom left of your manhole is now an additional look up that allows you to choose a scale.

If this is not what you are after maybe provide example screenshots of what you do wish to achieve.

All the best. 

Chris.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.
Message 3 of 3

I should add that this is very crude. You can achieve the same results with infinite scale options and also have the text in a box that masks the background. I just didn't want to spend ages on it if this was not the solution you were after in the first place.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost