Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grips for attributes in a block not working correctly in drawing.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bburgessJ535X
347 Views, 8 Replies

Grips for attributes in a block not working correctly in drawing.

Please see attached screencast.

I have a dynamic block showing a tee with a variation of SV's (sluice valves). The attribute text grip when in the drawing does not control the attribute text it is near. I will need to move the text sometimes when is is on top of other objects. Why is this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Screencast:

Message 3 of 9
hwalker
in reply to: bburgessJ535X

Post the block so we can have a look at it

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 9

The block in question.....

Message 5 of 9
hwalker

Your attributes cannot have the same tag. They need to named individually.

Call them SV1, SV2 and SV3 and your problem will disappear.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 9
bburgessJ535X
in reply to: hwalker

This has not worked unfortunately. I have added another block to demonstrate why this has not resolved the grip issue...

Message 7 of 9
hwalker

There is something wrong with your "container" drawing. I'm not sure what. I copied your block into a new blank drawing and it works. See the attached drawing.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 9
bburgessJ535X
in reply to: hwalker

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with the container drawing but the company I work for insist we design our schematics in paperspace which is causing the problem with the grips. When the block is inserted into model space, there is no issue.

I now wonder why this issue occurs only in paperspace?? & if suggest that we should design our schematics in model space & viewport into paperspace.

Message 9 of 9
hwalker

@bburgessJ535X 

If they insist on doing them in paperspace make sure that the attributes are NOT annotative. Paperspace doesn't play well with annotative objects as it doesn't have an annotation scale at all.

Try it first paste the block into paperspace and move the attributes. You'll see it messes up again. Now go into the block and change the attributes to NOT annotative. Now go back into paperspace. Use ATTSYNC to update the block and try again. You will see the attributes once again move as you wish

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost