Did you mean: 

dynamic block won't save to current visibility state

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
michelle1x_watkins
331 Views, 9 Replies

dynamic block won't save to current visibility state

I have a dynamic block that won't save to my current (or wanted default) state.  I change it and it reverts back to a visibility state that I don't want as the default when it's inserted.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: michelle1x_watkins

You must not be holding your mouth right.

Post the block for any hope of a solution.

Message 3 of 10

When you insert a block, the initially visibility state will be the one which is the first (on top) in the list of visStates. To get the whished Vis State on top you can move up or move down the vis states independently of the current state.

VisStateOrder.png

In the shown example is "a" the default visState. If you want as example "d" to be the default, move it to the top of the list and save the block. Which is the current visState (in the example "c") doesn't matter. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10

so you are saying the default will be the one on top, not the one you save as current? I have it in numerical order, but I would have to put it in opposite order then to have the one I prefer to have as default. why do they offer set as current in the the visibility states?

Message 5 of 10
Libbya

"Set as current" causes those visible objects to display within block editor. 

Message 6 of 10

ok, that works. It still seems a little weird that you can't have an order but choose the one you want as default but I'm happy that it works - thank you! 

did you see my other question about the ability to maintain a pline width at all scales, do you know if this is possible?

Message 7 of 10
michelle1x_watkins
in reply to: Libbya

ok, thank you, I get that but also you can toggle thru them in the area of the block editor where you select what is visible so it seems like it is not needed in the visibility states list, that would be a great area to check which one you want as default.

Message 8 of 10

@michelle1x_watkins wrote:

so you are saying the default will be the one on top, not the one you save as current? 

Yes. 

The one in the Visibility states window marked as current is the one that will be current in the Blockeditor after leaving this window with OK and returning to the block editor. When inserting a block reference into the drawing, the one on top will be the default visState.

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10

did you see my other question about the ability to maintain a pline width at all scales, 

Did you read @Libbya 's Post #2 ("post the block")?

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Libbya

ok, thank you, I get that but also you can toggle thru them in the area of the block editor where you select what is visible so it seems like it is not needed in the visibility states list, that would be a great area to check which one you want as default.

If memory serves, Dynamic blocks were added in 2006 and the dialog option was needed to switch the current visibility state.  The Ribbon with the visibility pulldown option was not added until 2009.  While the addition of the ribbon made the 'set as current' option within the dialog unnecessary, it was not necessary to delete it and confuse people used to life before the ribbon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost