Did you mean: 

Dynamic block linking to BOM/Parts list

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
christopherNKU7E
231 Views, 0 Replies

Dynamic block linking to BOM/Parts list

Hello,

I have been trying to link a dynamic block to the BOM that autocad supplies. I have tweaked the setup of the BOM (see "options" then "amstandards" then "BOM"). I understand that you put a block reference onto the block and fill out the appropriate information. I am needing to link the length and width to the same BOM. I am not sure if there is a formula that needs to be in place inside the options (parenthesis above or picture provided) that then digs into the block and pulls the length and width off the dynamic block. I have tried several formulas. What doesn't make sense to me is the fact that the property "NAME" has an "IF(ISBLANK" statement, but if you try something similar to that elsewhere, it doesn't work. I have recently tried the "Attribute Definition" inside the block editor but couldn't get the length and widths to change whenever the block was stretched. I am stumped. 

I have been trying off and on for the past year to make something work and have yet to come up with a solution. I do not want to use a dataextraction. I would like to use the BOM feature that autocad provides. To me, autocad makes this difficult. Solidworks was SIMPLE to deal with. 

I have attached a sample drawing and a couple pictures to help explain. Also, we are using 2023 Mechanical. 

Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta