Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Insertion point problem

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1889 Views, 12 Replies

Dynamic Block Insertion point problem

We have created a titleblock in ACA 2016 with SSM fields.  For whatever reason when the block is made and placed into a paper space layout, the block insertion point is 17/32 below the block "base point."  I've recreated it several times and ran purge with no effect.  Moving the basepoint in the block does not affect the insertion point.  It appears that there may be a drawing element that is hidden somehow, but all layers are on and there is no Visibility funciton built into the block.   I cannot locate any object that would cause the insertion point to ALWAYS be below the block's dictated base point.  I need the insertion point to be 0,0.  Is there a potential issue with the SSM Fields that is causing this problem?  Please help.  Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ojuris
in reply to: Anonymous

hi!

how did you inserting your block?

I insert with Insert command and have no problem

and what you mean by "insert point"?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ojuris

I typically use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.  Cut and paste.   What i mean by "insertion point" is this.  The block is floating above the crosshair when its being pasted.  Normally when a block is pasted into a drawing file the block's base point and the crosshair are one  and the same thing.  In this case, its not.  Yes.  The block reference was completely purged before being pasted in again.  I'm editing a template file thats separate from my working .dwg file which is why im going about it this way.  Normally I would just redefine the block via WBLOCK but thats not how the majority of the firm operates.  Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V is a standard and i wont be able to get people to change.  So, can you help me figure out why the block floats above the crosshair on inserting?  Thanks.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

yes.  The insert command works, but its a much longer sequence of clicks and file locating through dialogue boxes.  whats wrong with the block?

Message 5 of 13
ojuris

I try to copy and don't get your problem

Try to copy by  Ctrl+Shift+C  , in this case you must define basepoint. After this paste with  Ctrl+V and show the destination point. May be this is solution for you.

Message 6 of 13
Libbya

[shrug] I can't replicate your issue.  If I use control-C on your block and then control-V, the cursor and base point (bottom left) coincide during the insertion.  [/shrug]

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

guess i'll have to chalk this one up to ACAD wierdness.  Thanks for looking.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I have an issue with an electrical symbol multi-view block (duplex receptacle), where the insertion point is a few feet away from where it should be - this only  occurs in one particular drawing.  Open a new, or different drawing, and the block inserts normally.  I've tried almost everything to move the insertion point back to where it would normally be, to no avail - any suggestions?

Message 9 of 13
h_s_walker

Post the offending drawing so we can have a look at it

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ojuris

It's the stock duplex receptacle multi-view block you can insert from AA's "design center"....I can insert quad-receptacles just fine where the insertion node is squarely touching the block (where it should be).  I don't know what I did to shift the duplex receptacle block's insertion point....now I can't 'edit' it back into position.   

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: h_s_walker

When I click on the block, you can clearly see that the insertion point is about 10' away from the block.

Message 12 of 13
pendean

Start a new blank file.
Insert your block: is the insertion point still out of whack? Most likely not.
INSERT your problematic DWG file into this blank file and explode it. DId all of your blocks move 10-feet away? or was your UCS rotated this whole time in that file?
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I did what you mentioned.

Blank drawing - inserted a duplex receptacle and it came in perfectly.

inserted drawing w/ misbehaving duplex receptacle, exploded, and the problem disappeared.  The misbehaving duplex receptacle adopted the correct block behavior.   

In both the misbehaving duplex receptacle drawing and my new blank drawing, the UCS is set to 'world' - same same.   Not sure how I caused this duplex receptacle multi-view block to misbehave, but I must have done something.

Thanks for the process to test.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report