Dynamic Block Grips 2024

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
cad_cow_24
717 Views, 11 Replies

Dynamic Block Grips 2024

Hi All

I have never had any problems when creating dynamic blocks until this version.

When I test the block after creating it, it all looks fine. When I insert the block into a drawing, it is all out of whack and my arrows/grips are not where I placed them. See screen shot.

The block works as intended, but I just don't like it not looking correct.....can anyone help?

Thanks 🙂

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Libbya
in reply to: cad_cow_24

The grips ALWAYS follow their associated parameter point.

Post the block if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 12
cad_cow_24
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you for your response! I will attach the block for your to have a look at if you don't mind? When i test the block withtin block editor everything thing is as it should be.....it's only when inserted into a drawing that the grips are out of whack. Appreciate you input on this 🙂

Message 4 of 12
j.palmeL29YX

I could not find what causes the problem in your block. 

I recreated the block new (and substituted the stretch actions by move actions), now it seems to work well. 

Perhaps @Libbya can explain what is going on in your block. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
cad_cow_24
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Thank you @j.palmeL29YX , appreciate your help!

Yes, we will see if @Libbya can find the root cause

Message 6 of 12
j.palmeL29YX

BTW: In my suggested block you can delete the Position parameter with its assoziated Move action. But add the Attribute to the selection set of the flip action. (that was an unnecessary and not yet deleted remnant of my tests, sorry). 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
cad_cow_24
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

@j.palmeL29YX no worries, thanks!

Message 8 of 12
Libbya

The BASE of the block file is set to -24.890,6,0 instead of 0,0,0.  With the base offset from 0,0,0 the grips insert offset by that amount.  To see the BASE of the file, open the file NOT in block editor and type the BASE command.  If it is set to 0,0,0 (as it should be) and saved, the block inserts with grips aligned correctly.

Message 9 of 12
j.palmeL29YX

@Libbya wrote:

The BASE of the block file is set to -24.890,6,0 instead of 0,0,0.  

A wrong "BASE" were my first thoughts too. therefore I checked the position of the coordinate origin. Both in the blockeditor and not in the blockeditor  I found 0,0 between the two lines as it should be. I was not aware of the difference between 0,0 and the base of a block definition. Thanks for this clarifying. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
cad_cow_24

@Libbya oh I see! Thank you. Will I be able to fix this, or should I re-draw? 

I thought when you W-Block something, it automatically creates it at 0,0,0?

Message 11 of 12
Libbya

I already stated how to fix your block file.  It may happen to you again, though, if you don't track down the reason the BASE the block file was not 0,0,0.  I'm not sure what file AutoCAD uses as a template file for the WBLOCK command.  I think it is likely either the host file of the block that you are using WBLOCK on, OR it may be your template file for QNEW.  It may also be neither one of those but I find that unlikely.  Whatever template file is used may have had its BASE changed in model space.  Do some investigating and report back what you find.  

Message 12 of 12
cad_cow_24

@Libbya @j.palmeL29YX Ok great, I didn't realise I could go back and simply change the base as you mentioned. I did and it worked! Never even heard of base command. Thank you so much 🙂 Easy fix!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta