Dynamic Block Flip Issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ME7CADGuy
242 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic Block Flip Issue

Hi All,

I have made a MVHR block and when i activate the flip parameter then stretch the block the circles move in the opposite direction to what I want them to.

The circles should stay within the box when stretched before and after the flips have been actioned.

I have attached the block for reference.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: ME7CADGuy

@ME7CADGuy Add the vertical stretch to the horizontal flip. Add the horizontal stretch to the vertical flip. Add the rectangle to both flips.

As an aside, if you're stretching a box symmetrically I would usually have a grip at both ends of the stretch. I would also try to keep the grips in the centre, as such I've moved your visibilty grip a bit up and moved the rotation grip a bit down. See the attached drawing

Also we do have a dynamic block forum. The link is below

Dynamic Block Forums

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
Libbya

See attached.

Message 4 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: hwalker

@hwalker wrote:

@ME7CADGuy Add the vertical stretch to the horizontal flip. Add the horizontal stretch to the vertical flip. Add the rectangle to both flips.

As an aside, if you're stretching a box symmetrically I would usually have a grip at both ends of the stretch. I would also try to keep the grips in the centre, as such I've moved your visibilty grip a bit up and moved the rotation grip a bit down. See the attached drawing

To be clear, in your version, you added each linear parameter (not any stretches) to the appropriate flip action.  It's a fine solution.  

Message 5 of 7
ME7CADGuy

Thanks for the solutions!

@hwalker After some testing I have noticed on your version the flip grips do not stay inside the MVHR after they have been activated. I know this is a very minor issue but for neatness is there a way for them to stay inside the box?

Thank you for highlighting the dynamic forum, I will aim to post in there going forward.

@Libbya Great solution thank you, a little confusing to me when in the block editor but does the job perfectly.

Great example of how you can go down two very different avenues yet still get to the same destination.

Thank you both kindly.

Message 6 of 7
hwalker

@ME7CADGuy remove them from the Stretch and Stretch2 actions

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 7
Libbya

@Libbya Great solution thank you, a little confusing to me when in the block editor but does the job perfectly.

Hwalker's solution is simpler and is what I would use provided there is no reason not to have both grips (or have a single grip flip back and forth) and provided the main object (rectangle) can flip.  I posted the alternate version as it will work when the flipping of the parameter and main object is not desired. 

The version I posted works by flipping the necessary actions rather than flipping the parameters/object.  When an action is flipped, its angle offset is flipped unless the angle offset is 0 or 180.  Because the angle offset of your stretch actions were all 0, directly flipping them would not work.  To get around that issue, I added the two chained point parameters, I moved those with an angle offset of 90 and added those move actions to the appropriate flip action's selection set so.  I then added the necessary move actions (with angle offsets of 90 or 270) associated with the new chained point parameters.  While considerably more complex that method has its uses when the simpler method will not suffice.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost