Dym Block: different beheviour in model space different compared to test block

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
941 Views, 6 Replies

Dym Block: different beheviour in model space different compared to test block

Hello everyone!
I've a little problem and maybe you can help me to understand what's the problem!

I've a dynamic block that shows details of a concrete slab, you can change the thickness and the cover of the inferior reinforcement.

In the test space when I change the cover, the thickness update in the right way, in the model space not..

This is a little gif to show you the difference:

-TEST BLOCK SPACE

-MODEL SPACE

Same block.. I'm getting mad 😞

Thanks for the help!

Dennis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

Like I said in your other thread, it is because you have used constraints rather than dynamic parameters and actions.  Constraints are incredibly inconsistent in their behavior.  Delete the constraints and build your block using only dynamic parameters and actions and the behavior will be consistent.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Hello Libbya! I've converted my block.. now it uses only actions but I still have this behavior .. Any advice?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

It's very strange.. changing the inferior diameter (Arm Inf) change the height of the slab (H solaio).. Can't understand why this doesn't work with the inferior cover (Distanziatore).. It works only in test block mode...

I'm so confused...

This is the last version, with some fix

Thanks, Dennis

EDIT: ok I've fixed it by creating another action only for this parameter and remove the stretch from the other stretch..

Message 5 of 7
Libbya

I can't tell from your post if you are still having issues or if you solved them.  If you are still having issues, please be more specific about what behavior you desire and how the block is currently failing.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

I had the issue of the first post: the block act in a different way from the test space.
I solved in the last dwg by removing the parameter of "H solaio" from the stretch action of the parameter "Distanziatore" and add it to another action always linked to "Distanziatore". It doesn't make any difference but now it works.. It will be cool to understand why that happened..

Anyway does the block open? My autocad crash.. It must be because of fields I've added...

Message 7 of 7
Libbya

The test block window is the same as a new block insertion (except draworder does not work properly in the test window).  If you find a discrepancy between a model space version and the test block version, sometimes you just need to do a new insertion into model space.  I had no trouble opening your recent block file.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report