Door Dynamic Block Library

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
16297 Views, 13 Replies

Door Dynamic Block Library

Hello Everyone,

This topic is for everyone to post their Door Dynamic Block ONLY. Please do NOT post other kinds of blocks here. Post your block and I will add it to solutions so sticks to top of the list for easy search.

I know there is a topic called "Dynamic Block Show Off..." and we can post everything there. However, I have started a way of organising D-Blocks in this community by creating a topic for each specific block. This is the Second of this series and will be for Door Dynamic Blocks ONLY. Please do NOT post other kinds of blocks here.

"The Value of anything is upon the amount of time you spend on it." (Said me)

Thanks and Cheers

Behzad

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I start,

I post my Single Hinge Door dynamic block that has options needed in drafting in glazing industry.

In this block you can:

1- Change the panel with

2- Change frame depth

3- Change the frame on left and right separately

4- Change door depth within the limit

5- Flip both ways

6- Use align grip to align with any line

Note:

1- I do not have wipe out because I don't need it in drafting and it hides what that sometimes shouldn't.

2- Dimensions are not printable because the different scales and styles we may use.

3- Some values not shown in properties menu to keep the menu simpler and easier to read. They are changeable with grips.

I hope it will be useful for some.

I forgot to mention, any advise is kindly and warmly appreciated 🙂

Cheers,

Behzad

Single Hinge Door Dynamic Block.jpg

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Now,

This is my Single Pivot Door dynamic block that has options needed in drafting in glazing industry.

In this block you can:

1- Change the panel with

2- Change pivot offset

3- Change Glass Type (Laminated / Not laminated)

4- Change Glass Thickness (I have to thank Ojuris who showed me how to limit the visibility of glass thickness in another block and I used here)

5- Flip both ways

6- Use align grip to align with any line

Note:

1- This panel may be used in framed or frameless system and does not need to have the frame in visibility action.

2- Dimensions are not printable because the different scales and styles we may use.

3- Some values not shown in properties menu to keep the menu simpler and easier to read. They are changeable with grips.

I hope it will be useful for some.

And again any advise is kindly and warmly appreciated 🙂

Cheers,

Behzad

Single Pivot Door Dynamic Block.jpg

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Hey everyone,

Here are double door dynamic blocks for hinge and pivot.

I hope you like them.

If you open and you see any issue in blocks behaviour or if you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Double Hinge and Pivot Door Dynamic Block.png

Message 5 of 14
s60088g

Hello - I've been struggling with trying to modify the standard dynamic door block in AutoCad.  I was able to change the door thickness but when I change the angle, then it shows a thicker standard door.   I was happy to find your glass door.  I would love to use it but could you make the parameters for inches, no millimeters?  Also, how could I change the thickness of the connector of the door pull?  The connector is a thinner diameter than the pull itself.

Hope that you can help!

Sandra.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: s60088g

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.

Unfortunately I have no idea about inches. It is doable but very time consuming. Sorry.

Kind Regards,

Message 7 of 14
LA_Amir

Can you please do a tutorial for this one or if you have already made it please send me the link 
I am struggling with the pivot leaf 
I found out how to pivot the door but when I add the arc it rotates all of it and it has to be fixed in one point 
Thanks

Message 8 of 14
s60088g

I've tried adding a sill to the standard block but it appears in an odd location and not where it appears in the block.  Hope that someone can help.

Message 9 of 14
hwalker

Post the block so we can have a look at it

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 14
timothy_crouse

Here is a Double / Single Door

And another version with a shaped frame,  typical too much detail for a plan view . . 

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 14
s60088g
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks, HWalker.

I used the Autocad standard door at 2'-6" and added a line for the sill (just one for now) and I added it to the various parameters. When I adjusted the block, the line was out of place by 2 feet up and one foot over.  The door looks fine until I make it a 3-0 instead of 2-6 and then the line for the sill jumps.  I did add it to the width paramenter so I'm at a loss to understand this.

Message 12 of 14
hwalker

@s60088g 

You do not need to add the sill to all the "angle stretches", you only needed to added it the the ScaleArc. You didn't need to add it to the "move swing" either.

See the attached drawing.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 13 of 14
heather_o

I just came across this pivot door and I love it.  But I'm working in imperial and not metric.  I'm trying to learn how to create dynamic blocks and I'm drawing my own version of this door.  However, when I rotate the door, I want the door swing to move with it.  Instead the arc is going past the door that is closed.   How do I get the arc to not rotate at the bottom, yet rotate at the top?

heather_o_0-1663617919628.png

Message 14 of 14
timothy_crouse
in reply to: heather_o

You have to go into the block editor and r-click the rotate action and select modify.  Then select the door swing to add it to the rotation action.

Set the block to unitless and it will scale as required when you insert it into a drawing.  Unless you really want to re-draw it.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services