Controlling block table with parameter

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Michiel_
1337 Views, 4 Replies

Controlling block table with parameter

Hello everyone,

I have a dynamic block with a block table with different visibility state, this works fine. But now I want to create an extra separate menu. I have created two linear stretches one is used in a lookup function to display the extra menu and controls the other stretch function which is used in the block table.

The if one stretches one or the other stretch the other one moves with it. The extra possibilities are defined in the block table, if the stretch values are changed the corresponding visibility state isn’t shown, the stretch values do change.

The block has to operate as following: choosing the correct type from the bock table and the lookup function is to decide to show something extra within in the block (the value 10 retains the standard block and the value 20 has to show something extra)

Now the questions are:

• Is this possible to control the block table with action parameters if so can someone point me in the right direction?
  • Is it possible to hide the stretch value in the block table so that I can only be chosen from the lookup table?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Michiel_

You can control a block properties table with a dynamic parameter/action.  Just place the controlling parameter in the leftmost row on the table and check the box that says the block must match the table.  However, as far as I know, it will not work to use a lookup to control the parameter that controls the block properties table.  It seems like it should but it just fails.  Of course, you can use a double lookup instead of the block properties table, but the table layout and inputs would be different.  

Message 3 of 5
Michiel_
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. Tried it with the "block properties must match a row in the table" unfortunately it didn't work.

Tested out with the parameter in the left most column and it worked like a charm, thank you for the advice.

In the hunt for information I came upon a block that does what I need, with the lookup and block table. Can't figure out how it's done. Tried the same way.  The block is added maybe you can take a look if you want and have time?

If all else fails I will go back to the double lookup functions.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Michiel_

As far as I can tell, the block behaves as I described in my last post.  The block properties table is not controlled by the parameter on the lookup table.  Changing the value of the block properties table actually resets that parameter.  

It might be helpful if you added a detailed description of how you want your block to behave.  A good way to communicate that might be to add text and examples to your file and repost.  

Message 5 of 5
Michiel_
in reply to: Libbya

Ok thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Michiel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report