Chaining Rotation Actions with Block Attributes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1367 Views, 4 Replies

Chaining Rotation Actions with Block Attributes

Hello Everyone,

I am new to using dynamic blocks and block attributes.  I am trying to take a fuse with a componentID and an amp rating and make it so that we can use one block in our tool palette for all fuses.  The problem is that I need to make it work both horizontally and vertically.  To do this I need to rotate both the fuse symbol and the associated block attributes.  I tried to do so by chaining a rotate action of the symbol to a second rotate command of for the COMPONENTID and AMP attributes.  I cannot get this to work.  I know I could make 2 separate blocks but I was hoping that there was a solution with AutoCAD LT that would allow me accomplish this without needing to make 2 blocks.  I would like for the symbol to be restricted to 0 & 90 degree rotation from the center.  I would then like for the Block attributes (at are at 12 and 6 o'clock) to move on 90 degrees from the center of the symbol.  I can do this, the problem is that I want the text to also rotate 90 degrees so that the writing is still horizontal when the block attributes are at 3 & 9 o'clock.  I hope this makes sense.  I will upload my current block.

Thanks for any help,

Steve O

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this what you are after?  If so then there are several ways to do it.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Hello Libbya,

It looks like you got the exact functionality that I was looking for in my dynamic block.  Since I am somewhat new to dynamic blocks I had some trouble following your every step.  I hope you would allow me to pose a few questions that my help me understand better:

1. What are and how do you get those lightening bolts associated with your actions?  Is there reason that I need them?
  2. I am running AutoCAD LT, will this prevent me from obtaining the same result that you showed in your video?
  3. What is the reason that you needed 3 rotate actions associated with each block attribute?  That is where I started to get lost.
  4. I did not notice you use the properties menu to setup an increment on the main rotate command.  How did you restrict the rotation, did you do so off-screen, or did you use some other type of action/operation within AutoCAD?

Thank you for your help this far.  Your video was very helpful.

Steve O

Message 4 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

The lightning bolt display is an effect of changing the system variable BACTIONBARMODE=0.  It is a more useful setting in some ways but requires greater understanding in order to avoid issues.  

LT will work the same.

I used 3 rotate actions for each attribute because with a 90° rotation, 3 additional rotations of 90° is equal to a rotation in the opposite direction.  Instead of the three rotate actions, you could use a chained point/move for each attribute and rotate the point/move instead of the attribute.  

I started with you block which already had the limits set on the main rotation.  I did not alter that parameter.  

Message 5 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

Here's the step-by-step for the point/move option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report