Did you mean: 

Can't add input/lookup properties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aron4XQQ8
210 Views, 2 Replies

Can't add input/lookup properties

Hi,

I have been trying to add an lookup table to a dynamic block where I can pick from a set number of lookup properties. It won't give me the option of adding lookup properties without selecting from "Add Properties".

I would like to do something similar to the solution here: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks-forum/populating-attributes-with-lookup-table/m-p/8083...

but its not possible for me as seen in the screenshot below. 

Screenshot 2024-08-09 085822.png

Every tutorial or information on lookup tables shows the dialog like this:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 090449.png

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: aron4XQQ8

You need to add at least one parameter to the input properties. When you do that you will be able to add lookup properties.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: aron4XQQ8

Your first screenshot does not demonstrate that you cannot 'add properties'.  It just shows that someone clicked 'Audit' more recently than 'Add Properties..."

Have you added the other Lookup you would like to add to the same table?  Does the second lookup parameter already have a table associated with it?

In other words, the process should be to add however many lookup parameters you would like on a single table, but do not add a tables to any of them yet (don't use the  add the lookup parameter set).  Then add a lookup action (table) to one of the lookup parameters.  Then open the table, go to 'add properties', at the bottom select 'add lookup properties' then add the other lookup(s) to that table. 

There is no need to add any input properties if all you want are multiple lookups connected to a single table.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report