Did you mean: 

Block rotation as parameter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kostial.mk
314 Views, 5 Replies

Block rotation as parameter

Hi everybody,

I have a slope arrow block with an attribute calculating slope using block rotation and viewtwist variable.

Screenshot001.jpg

At the time I am using a flip parameter to manually change the arrow direction. I was wandering whether there is a way for the block to decide itself on which side to place the arrow. Until now i wasn't able to "insert" a block placeholder or any system variable to a parameter and therefore i cannot provide an input, which would make the block decide. Is it possible for a block placeholder to be input for a parameter?

Or is there some other way, or should i stick to the manual flipping?

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ojuris
in reply to: kostial.mk

do you mean something like this?

Message 3 of 6
kostial.mk
in reply to: ojuris

Hi ojuris,

thank you for reply. Yes, I mean something like this, but with the rotation parameter it is for me the same as i have it now, with flip parameter.

Now I insert the block, set the rotation (I have "specify on screen" checked) and if the arrow is facing wrong side I click on it and correct the flip.

With your block I insert it and accept 0 rotation. After that I must click on the block and adjust the rotation grip. I was wandering whether there is a way to omit the clicking on the inserted block.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Do you insert the block from a Tool Palette? Do you have prompt for rotation on when inserting block?

Message 5 of 6
kostial.mk
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous I do not have it in Tool Palette. I have it as a block in template drawing and insert it using simple Insert command. I have "Specify on screen" option checked for rotation.

Message 6 of 6
ojuris

I understand that your block don't have rotation parameter but you rotate whole block?

In that case you don't have dynamic block with rotation (you rotate whole block) and you can't automatically flip something.

In my block you place block and by rotation grip or in Properties palette change angle and flip is working automatically when it need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta