Did you mean: 

Annotative, Dynamic Block Saved to Drawing File

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
412 Views, 1 Reply

Annotative, Dynamic Block Saved to Drawing File

I'm trying to create a block that is both annotative and dynamic that is saved to a drawing file to be imported into future drawings. I created the block in the block editor and the dynamic portions are working perfectly. I set the block to annotative in the block editor. When I save the block, I go to "Save Block As..." and check the box at the bottom to save it as a new drawing file. Everything looks great, but when I pull that drawing file into a new drawing, the block doesn't come in as annotative. When I open the block drawing file I get the option to open it in the block editor and the annotative option is still turned on. When I open the block drawing file without the block editor, I don't see any option to make it annotative. Is there a way to make this block import as annotative?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
vinodkl
in reply to: Anonymous

If the annotation option is enabled in the block editor the block would behave as annotative.

How is that your saying the block is not annotative when you pull the file into new drawing? is it that its not showing up annotation symbol next to the cursor when you hover over the block or with the change in the annotation scale the block is not annotating. Have you tried checking if the ANNOAUTOSCALE is to 4? and also please attach the drawing so that we can help you out further.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost