Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative block inserting at wrong scale

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1482 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative block inserting at wrong scale

Hi, I'm working on a dynamic block that I'm trying to turn annotative as well. It is a set of callouts that I decided, after setting up the majority of the dynamic features, to scale annotatively so I only had to create 1 complex block.

The problem I'm encountering is this: I've gotten the block to set up as annotative and the block I edited in the drawing works fantastic. But, when I insert a new block...it comes in at a gigantic form, no matter what the current annotative scale is. It does scale when you change the current annotative scale. It's just ten times too big. I think maybe because I started with a block at 1/8" = 1,' instead of a full scale version, that's how it got messed up. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this issue? I'd really rather not scrap the block since I already set up all the dynamic features. 

I've already tried editing the block in block editor to be 1:1 size and that did nothing. I tried playing with the insunits variable as well, but I'm afraid I don't fully understand how to manipulate that variable. Any help would be appreciated. The drawing with original edited version on the left side and inserted giant version on the right is attached. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had a look at the block, just to make sure I got this right you just want its when inserted to be the same size as the little one. If so then you needed to have scaled the block in the editor, not via the scales option in the properties tab in model space.

I have included what I think is a fixed version, I also made it start at 0,0 as although I know the base point does that I just like blocks starting there sorry

Sorry if this is not right!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

That does seem to have fixed it, but moving the base point messed up some of the items on different visibility states. Am I correct that you scaled the entire block in the block editor? I had attempted this but it didn't seem to work. What scale factor did you use to size it down? If I know what you did I can work to fix an unedited version and preserve the visibility states. Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Oops sorry forgot that all state where not visible(was working on one of mine and have it off) I used a 0.01 scale so that should work 

I also made it Unitless which is done via the properties tab in the block editor when you have nothing selected(unsure if its needed)

sorry about the state muck up I have been working with a near 700 state block and you could never have them all on at the same time 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report