3D Dynamic Block generates in a wrong way

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nilsgam
438 Views, 3 Replies

3D Dynamic Block generates in a wrong way

Hello,

I am currently working on a macro to generate a pipe-like 3D structure in AutoCAD 2021. I am using the block editor to create my components and give them parameters which I can define in my macro. My newest component is a pipe knot. 

Picture 1: BlockPicture 1: Block

If I run my macro I get the following result:

Picture 2: ResultPicture 2: Result

The dimensions are all correct but you can see that the upper part of the pipe is not attached to the rest of the pipe.  You can also see the line along which i swept the pipe. The line is at the correct position.

Another strange thing happens when you open the block editor. After saving the block again and leaving block editor the part of the pipe moves to the correct position. 

Heres a picture of my parameters:

Picture 3: ParametersPicture 3: Parameters

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: nilsgam

Dynamic Parameters ans Actions are designed for use in the 2D environment only. 

Nevertheless, sometimes (if you can reduce the needed geometry manipulations to 2D modifications) it can (may be) work well. 

Let us see your dwg file please, and let us know what all you want to change dynamically.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
nilsgam
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Yeah I know these dynamic blocks are meant for 2D only but Im doing this for a customer and we want to test if autocad can be used for this task. Its a little annoying sometimes but so far it worked really well with the previous blocks. 

I want to change every parameter you see in my third picture dynamically. I prepared an Excel Sheet with all values of these parameters. My macro reads this sheet and hands these values over to the dynamic blocks. It is possible that the values of the Excel Sheet are the same as the default values I set in the block but it is also possible that every value is different.

The block I need help with is called 'Rohrknoten'.

Here is my dwg-file.

Message 4 of 4
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: nilsgam

I tested your block and here it works well. (For "L3" and "w" I used rounded values). 

I can not reproduce how you got that wrong result. 

IMO you did a good job ... 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost