DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open dwg in TrueView - how do I know which version of AutoCAD was used?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2551 Views, 3 Replies

Open dwg in TrueView - how do I know which version of AutoCAD was used?

Does viewing in Trueview verify the conversion from one version of Autocad to another???  

I have asked the Contractor to resave the AutoCAD 2014 files to 2012 because the 2012 version is supported by the field.  How can I verify that the dwg files were resaved to 2012 when opening in TrueView?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You can open a DWG file in Windows Notepad, and the first six characters will show the DWG version, albeit a bit more cryptically. (Note that larger DWGs can take a while to open in Notepad.)
The AC10xx versions are as follows:
AC1015 = AutoCAD 2000
AC1018 = AutoCAD 2004
AC1021 = AutoCAD 2007
AC1024 = AutoCAD 2010
AC1027 = AutoCAD 2013

Or Use Notepad's Find feature and search for a u t o c a d (include a space between the letters).

1.png

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks!  How do I open the file in Notepad??? I'm not familiar with AutoCAD/TrueView at all other than the real basics...

My next question is that on a previous project, when we opened the dwg files in AutoCAD 2012, some files were corrupted.  Will TrueView open corrupted files?  What I don't want to do is to get 2012 AutoCAD and open all the dwg files to verify that they are not corrupt. 

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report