DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2021 No Preview Available

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gmegginson
946 Views, 4 Replies

DWG TrueView 2021 No Preview Available

I have several computers with DWG TrueView 2021 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2021 running Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3208). After clicking on a .DWG file, the right pane shows "No preview available." I ran commands DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Startcomponentcleanup, SFC /SCANNOW, typed in command %windir%\system32\SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe and made sure to UNCHECK "Always show icons, never thumbnails," and typed in Control.exe, went to View tab and made sure UNCHECK "Always show icons, never thumbnails."

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
garrygoldberg1
in reply to: gmegginson

Try resetting the file associations for DWG files. Right-click on a DWG file, choose "Open with," select the appropriate program (DWG TrueView or AutoCAD Mechanical), and make sure to check the option to "Always use this app to open .DWG files." Crafting a Fellowship Personal Statement was like embarking on a journey of self-discovery with the guidance of expert navigators. These statements are more than words; they are windows into the aspirations that drive us. Just as an artist carefully selects each brushstroke, these personal statements are meticulously crafted to showcase our unique blend of experiences, passions, and ambitions. The process felt like collaborating with skilled wordsmiths who transformed my thoughts into a narrative that resonated authentically. In the landscape of applications, where every detail matters, a well-crafted Fellowship Personal Statement is the compass that ensures our journey towards specialization is articulated with depth and impact

Message 3 of 5
gmegginson
in reply to: garrygoldberg1

I tried that on July 27 and the result was the same. Upon follow up with the end-user, problem occurred after Windows updates were installed on computers company-wide during maintenance window. 

Thanks for replying.

Message 4 of 5
gmegginson
in reply to: garrygoldberg1

I also selected AutoCAD DWG Launcher to open the file only to find same result.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: gmegginson

"preview" of DWG files is not a live look inside the file: it is a snapshot raster image saved INSIDE the DWG file when the program on your computer opens and saves it. An AutoCAD/viewer thing that's been true since the dawn of file previews (Win95? winNT4? Dos5?).

So... have any of those files been opened and saved on that PC with the preview problem?
Or is the preview problem limited to this one PC?

Have you seen this from Autodesk https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/DWG-thumbnail-prev...

You can test with a 3rd party tool to confirm what might be going on, here is the link https://longbowsoftware.com/previewer and/or https://jtbworld.com/dwg-columns-for-explorer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report