DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2017 system requirements & Windows Vista 64 Bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
4852 Views, 2 Replies

DWG Trueview 2017 system requirements & Windows Vista 64 Bit

DWG Trueview 2017 System Requirement Operating system Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Update KB2919355 Microsoft Windows 10 I'm running Windows Vista 64 Bit. Do I need to install the 32 Bit Trueview or an earlier 64 Bit Trueview version such as 2016? The 2017 installation says I don't meet the system requirements.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Seems that Windows Vista is not supported for earlier versions of DWG Trueview either. See: System Requirements for DWG TrueView 2013-2016. As such, I suggest you upgrade your operating system.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Seems that Windows Vista is not supported for earlier versions of DWG Trueview either. See: System Requirements for DWG TrueView 2013-2016. As such, I suggest you upgrade your operating system. Lynn Zhang 2013 64-Bit doesn't list Windows Vista 64 bit but I was able to install 2013 64-Bit and it runs ok under Windows Vista 64 Bit. I have not tried to install 2014 or 2015. You're correct Windows Vista is a much older OS, beginnings date back to the advent of XP. However it's still being supported a while longer by Microsoft for security and other types of updates. I've been upgrading my PC's and OS for more than 35 years. My next upgrade will include a new PC. I'm not certain of the actual cost to upgrade my current PC which sold new for around $1500.00, most likey a similar or higher cost to upgrade. I have older laptops that retailed for around ~$3500.00 when new to upgrade to new cost is around $4,000.00+ for each laptop. It's benefical when upgrading an OS that your hardware architecture is more recent. Vista run ok with my current hardware.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report