DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plot to B/W PDFs

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
25592 Views, 8 Replies

Batch Plot to B/W PDFs

Hello.  I've tried researching previous posts regarding batch plotting but I cannot find a solution that works for me.  Any help is appreicated.

I have 50 DWG files sent to me from a client that I need to export to PDF.  I installed AutoDesk DWG TrueView 2016 so I could export (plot) these drawings.  Initially, I wasn't satisfied with the results because the initial plot carried over the original colors which were difficult to see on paper.  I was able to plot an individual DWG to B/W by selecting the PLOT button and changing the Printer/Plotter to "DWG to PDF.pc3" and changing the "Plot style table" to "monochrome.ctb".

Obviously, I don't want to spend time plotting each DWG individually.  

I tried using the Batch Plot feature but it will not apply the Page Setting to all DWGS to plot Black/White PDFs.  Unfortunately, I am not an experienced AutoCAD user as we do not use AutoCAD inhouse.  Therefore, I cannot create a blank template DWG to set the Page Settings.  Listed below are the steps I took to try and run the Batch Plot.

1.  With the initial drawing tab highlighted (this was successfully plotted to B/W PDF individually) I went to Print > Page Setup > Selected PDF > Selected Modify to verify the Page Setup will still set to plot to a B/W PDF which it was.

2.  Selected Batch Plot

3.  Publish To > set to PDF

4.  PDF Preset > set to DWG to PDF

5.  All DWGs were pre-loaded in the Sheet Name list.  (Right clicked "Sheet Name" to Sort Ascending)

6.  Under the Page Setup column, I selected the first DWG, entered Ctrl-A to select all DWGs in the list and selected "PDF" from the drop down list.  All DWGs show PDF as the Page Setup now.

7.  Select Publish

8.  Save the List of Sheets

When I check the PDF files, the first DWG (originally exported to B/W PDF individually) is B/W but all the other PDFs are not.  I have tired many different variations since then to no avial.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MCJ

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

In DWG Trueview 2016, if you open all the files you want to Batch Plot, you should be able to create a Page Setup in just one of the drawings. Then if you select all Layouts in the list for Batch Plot and go back to the original drawing with the newly created Page Setup in, it should allow you to select it and it will apply the Page Setup to all Layouts, thus printing everything with the same settings.

If you had AutoCAD, you could create a blank template with all kinds of Page setups in and simply just load what you need from this file to each drawing.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Duncan,

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did listed in the steps in my OP.  Only the first drawing exports properly since it was originally selected individually and the Page Setup was changed.  I highlight all the drawings in the Batch plot and then use the drop down list from the first drawing to select the Page Setup optiion that was modified but only the first DWG is created correctly.  The remaining DWGs export all original colors, etc.

Thanks,

MCJ

Message 4 of 9
ukdxb012

Without the ability to create your own Page Setup file you're going to struggle to apply your own settings into each drawing without having to create each Page Setup in each DWG but it will be a wasted effort as they will disappear because you cannot save.

The only other way i can think of doing this is to change the Graphics in the DWF Plotter to Monochrome rather than Colour. You should be able to do this under manage plotters... You will find the settings if you double click the Pc3 file and go to Device and Document Settings. Give that a shot.

I think the above may work for DWF but not PDF.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Duncan,

Thank you for the help.  I did go the route to batch plot to DWF.  It worked fine once I modified the Pc3.  I also liked the functionality of using the DWFs for mark-up, etc over the PDFs.

Thanks again,

MCJ

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem as mconwayjr added the wish to adjust plot settings for area, offset, scale and drawing orientation in a batch plot.

Since batch plot is a functionality in TrueWiev it should be fully supported in settings...!? I don't understand the thinking of this?

There could be a “save” option for “page setup” in plot dialogue next to “add” (which only adds in the current file) and then could the saved setup be set or imported in the batch plot dialogue…

Or is there a work-around for this?

Greatful for any help with this..:)

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

...or even better. Why not add a button for "batch" in the plot dialogue? After the plot settings are entered, you add the files you want and they are all plotted the same way...Smiley Happy

Skärmklipp.PNG

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

For those still trying to follow along and accomplish a batch plotting multiple PDFs as Black and White:

1. See ukdxb012 response and change your DWF pc3 file(s) / Graphics => Monochrome.  Make sure your page size is set to the correct orientation.

2. Batch plot all DWG files as DWF

3. If you have Bluebeam, find the individual DWF files you just created, select all, and Send to => Bluebeam Stapler

3a. select the One Output File Per Document

Should be good to go from there.  This adds one more step, but definitely worth it compared to opening all dwg files and plotting one by one.

Message 9 of 9
blesnau1

There is also a 'Color Processing' option within Bluebeam (under Documents) that will allow you to change your .pdf from color to Black and White.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report