Did you mean: 

Same Block Looks and Plots differently

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1345 Views, 3 Replies

Same Block Looks and Plots differently

This is now happening to another client, this is a great example of a behavior I cannot diagnose:

Here is a CAD drawing with 2 (two) room tags in question:desk1.jpg

They seem similar but if you look closely, the lower tag (42184) is a little “smoother”, the aliasing is more concise (Look at the 8 above and below). Zoomed out it is even more obvious:

desk2.png

They are both the same block with the same attributes:

desk3.png

However, when I Plot the difference is obvious:

Desk5.jpg

Any Input is appreciated. I have attached the drawing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The fuzzy ttf font text/attribute/block has a Z-elevation, the others do not: FLATTEN command should fix it. Or switch to SHX fonts that do not exhibit this visual effect.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks so Much, I am 90% there after your suggestion, I did a select similar of all the blocks and did the flatten command, the Blocks look fine. HOWEVER now instead of being one block that was used there is now 280 different named blocks. How do I apply the Flatten command to the single block and have at the numbers appearance work.desk6.jpg

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Actually, Instead of Flatten I did clicked on one of the blocks and did a "select Similar" then in Properties I set the Position Z to "0" (Zero) and saved, this set all the Room Numbers to the proper elevation and issue was resolved.

Could not have figured it out without your help...Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report