Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common feature modeling to speed up modeling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TRIGOLICNC
460 Views, 2 Replies

Common feature modeling to speed up modeling

Hi All.....I have a series/family of parts that use common features within the family. For example, multiple sealing ports but different footprint of the base. I would like to design all of these common "port features" and save them as a their own file (port #1, port #2, etc....) with nothing else except but that feature. Then, when i make a new part i want to be able to insert these ports onto the main body to speed up modeling. I was able to model a port, save it, import it to another file, and then i had to "combine-cut" that feature from the main body. However, when i do that, I lose all connectivity. If I change the individual "port file", the model doesn't update. I assume this is possible, but obviously i'm not sure what the correct method would be. Any video examples or answers would be much appreciated.....Thanks in advance!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ahreum.ryu
in reply to: TRIGOLICNC

Hi @TRIGOLICNC

Thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

It will appreciate if you can share your model or record your issue through screencast. 

My email address is ahreum.ryu@autodesk.com 

I look forward to your reply. 

Many thanks, 

Message 3 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: TRIGOLICNC

If all the parts are stored in the same project and you've not broken the links to the external files it should work. When you modified the external file did you save then update the assembly design?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report