Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interop Inventor (Shaded with Edges)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
alexandre
2383 Views, 11 Replies

Interop Inventor (Shaded with Edges)

When we create the dwg from Inventor, we have the visualization style for Shaded with Edge.

Even with the Design Review> Option> Model> Color Settings> Model Edge Color = As published

However, when we open the dwf model in Design Review, we always have the Shaded view active.

Question: Is there an Activex control to set as default in Design Review "Shaded with Edges"?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dillon3
in reply to: alexandre

If I understand what you're looking for, you want to export models as DWF with the shading style as "Shaded with Edges." From what I know of Design Review, there is no specific function to set the shading style. However, if you go back to the Options > Model, you can uncheck the box "As Published" and change the color to black, which would then treat the model as if you had "Shaded with Edges" active.

Inventor, by default, will publish line colors to be as close to the material color as possible, I think.

Message 3 of 12
dillon3
in reply to: dillon3

Okay, so I found it staring me right in the face.

dillon_0-1597786332254.png

Message 4 of 12
alexandre
in reply to: dillon3

design review.JPG

The central question is: How to default to Design Review: "Shaded with Edges" and "no lights or lights published".

Message 5 of 12
YuhanZhang

I just have a simple HTML format file which uses the ADR(Autodesk Design Review) activex control, and I tried it to set the DisplayMode to Shaded with Edges(ie.e SectionType.DisplayMode = 2), and it seems working, I share the code here:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head>  
<title>Autodesk Design Review Sample</title>  
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> 
function ListSections()
{		
var ECompViewer = ADViewer.ECompositeViewer;		

var Sections = ECompViewer.Sections; 		
var secList = document.getElementById("SectionList"); 		
for (iSection = 1;(iSection <= Sections.Count); iSection++)
{
var Section = Sections(iSection); //Set the section to a separate object		  
secList.innerHTML += Section.Title + "<BR>";		
} 

var SectionType = ADViewer.ECompositeViewer.Section.SectionType;  

if (SectionType.Name == 'com.autodesk.dwf.eModel')
{ 
SectionType.DisplayMode = 2;  
}

} 
</script>  

<script type="text/javascript" for="ADViewer" event="OnEndLoadItem(bstrItemType,vData,vResult)">   
if (bstrItemType == 'DOCUMENT')  
{ 
//Indicates the document is finished loading 
ListSections();  

}  
</script> 

</head> 
<body>  
<div id="title"  style="position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; width:600px;  height:100px; text-align:left; background-color:#ccc"> 		Autodesk Design Review JavaScript Sample.</br></br> 		This sample will load a file in Autodesk Design Review, once		the DWF has completed loading the ListSections() function will		list the pages found in the DWF.  </div>  <div id="canvas"  style="position:absolute; top:100px; left:0px; width:425px;  height:400px; text-align:center; background-color:#ccc">  <object id="ADViewer" 		classid="clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF" 		border="1" width="400" height="400" VIEWASTEXT>		<param name="Src" 			value="Assembly1.dwfx">		</object> </div>  <div id="SectionList"		style="position:absolute; top:100px; left:425px; width:175px; 		 height:400px; text-align:left; font-size:10pt; background-color:#ccc" > 		List of Sections:</br></br>  
</div>  
</body> 
</html>

You can save it as a .htm file, and also you need an Assembly1.dwfx in the same folder(or you need to edit in the above code to specify the file path), then you can open the .htm file in IE, and usually there is a dialog at the bottom of IE asks if you want to unblock the activex that you need to agree, then it will show the result like below:

ADRSample.png

Hope this helps.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 12
WHolzwarth
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Many thanks, Yuhan.

I've tried the HTM file in a common folder together with a file renamed to Assembly1.dwfx, and it worked using IE.

No output could be seen with Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

Shaded edges only in small IE window.jpg

But the IE window was too small, and I didn't see a different look in ADR 14.0.0.177.

What am I missing?

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
WHolzwarth
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Some progress now, after switching the small window to full screen.

Shaded edges now in full screen window.jpg

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
YuhanZhang
in reply to: WHolzwarth

In the code you can change the width and height for the view window size in the <object> </object> tags:

<object id="ADViewer" 		classid="clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF" 		border="1" width="400" height="400" VIEWASTEXT>		<param name="Src" 			value="Assembly1.dwfx">		</object>

As this sample is to demonstrate how the ADR ActiveX control works, you need to use a browser that supports ActiveX to run the html code, IE is the browser which natively supports ActiveX. You can also create the code in other languages(like VB.net etc.)  to work with ADR APIs.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
alexandre

Thanks Yuhan Zhang,  

Could you tell me which parameter and variable to adjust the "field of view".

Message 10 of 12
YuhanZhang

This can be controlled by the Camera, below is the sample html code, you can find the Camera.Field.Set to set the field point to change the field of view:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head>  
<title>Autodesk Design Review Sample</title>  
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> 
function ListSections()
{		
var ECompViewer = ADViewer.ECompositeViewer;		

var Sections = ECompViewer.Sections; 		
var secList = document.getElementById("SectionList"); 		
for (iSection = 1;(iSection <= Sections.Count); iSection++)
{
var Section = Sections(iSection); //Set the section to a separate object		  
secList.innerHTML += Section.Title + "<BR>";		
} 

var SectionType = ADViewer.ECompositeViewer.Section.SectionType;  

if (SectionType.Name == 'com.autodesk.dwf.eModel')
{ 
var Camera = Section.Camera;
var CurField = Camera.Field; //Get the current Field 
// zoom the camera into the model. 
Camera.Field.Set(80,80); //(CurField.X - 100, CurField.Y - 100); 
// Set the new point to zoom in 
ADViewer.ECompositeViewer.Section.Camera = Camera;  //Set the new camera

SectionType.DisplayMode = 2;  

}

} 
</script>  

<script type="text/javascript" for="ADViewer" event="OnEndLoadItem(bstrItemType,vData,vResult)">   
if (bstrItemType == 'DOCUMENT')  
{ 
//Indicates the document is finished loading 
ListSections();  

}  
</script> 

</head> 
<body>  
<div id="title"  style="position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; width:600px;  height:100px; text-align:left; background-color:#ccc"> 		Autodesk Design Review JavaScript Sample.</br></br> 		This sample will load a file in Autodesk Design Review, once		the DWF has completed loading the ListSections() function will		list the pages found in the DWF.  </div>  <div id="canvas"  style="position:absolute; top:100px; left:0px; width:425px;  height:400px; text-align:center; background-color:#ccc">  <object id="ADViewer" 		classid="clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF" 		border="1" width="900" height="600" VIEWASTEXT>		<param name="Src" 			value="Assembly1.dwfx">		</object> </div>  <div id="SectionList"		style="position:absolute; top:100px; left:425px; width:175px; 		 height:400px; text-align:left; font-size:10pt; background-color:#ccc" > 		List of Sections:</br></br>  
</div>  
</body> 
</html>

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
alexandre

Dear Yuhan Zhang,
Please have some C# example. We are having difficulty finding the class belonging to DisplayMode.
Thanks,

Message 12 of 12
alexandre

Dear Yuhan Zhang,
Please have some C# example. We are having difficulty finding the class belonging to DisplayMode.
Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report