Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install using MS Intune hangs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GilesPhillips
2149 Views, 5 Replies

Install using MS Intune hangs

We're trying to deploy the newly updated Design review across the company using MS Intune - however despite using the command line switches for a quiet installation, the process seems to hang.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: GilesPhillips

Hi Giles,

Did you manage to install the 3ds max via Intune?

Message 3 of 6
steven
in reply to: GilesPhillips

I actually have this problem across multiple Autodesk products.

What I can consistently get to work:

1. DWG TrueView (2016-2019--2020 untested)

2. AutoCAD (2016-2020)

What I can't get to work:

1. Any 'specialized toolset' variant of AutoCAD (Civil 3D, MEP, Electrical, et cetera) 2016-2020.

I deploy as you would a standard SCCM package. It doesn't matter if all the files are uploaded to Intune, on a share, or already sitting on the drive on the target computer. If it's DWG TrueView or AutoCAD, it'll install fine. If it's anything else it immediately hangs--doesn't even write logs and it fails before launching DXSETUP.exe. It hangs about half a second after starting Setup.exe and will sit there indefinitely until the process is ended or the computer is rebooted.

Intune's logs don't give any insight other than the product install failing after you end the process. I can successfully install all these apps using the same deployment files I'm using for Intune--I can even download the files from Intune, decrypt them, and install them silently without issue. I just can't get Intune to do it.

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: steven

>>>... 'specialized toolset' variant of AutoCAD (Civil 3D, MEP, Electrical, et cetera) 2016-2020...<<<

Toolsets are only available to new susbcribers of 2019 and 2020 versions of AUtoCAD (not legacy / maintenace subscribers).
Message 5 of 6
Brian~Roberts
in reply to: steven

Did you ever resolve this?
Message 6 of 6
steven
in reply to: Brian~Roberts

I did.

1. The new custom deployment option available at  https://manage.autodesk.com works fine using the silent install options in the script it outputs. Just change the paths from absolute to relative. I.e. from C:\Temp\setup.exe to .\setup.exe

2. For Design Review this install command works: Setup.exe /q /W /I Setup.ini /language en-us

3. For previous Autodesk applications that are not available in the new deployment method (option 1) follow this guide: AutoCAD deployments : Intune (reddit.com)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report