Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix 3 removed PDF support?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
drempel
1682 Views, 15 Replies

Hotfix 3 removed PDF support?

Installed ADR Hotfix 3 last week, now PDF is not a supported file and there is no way to import a PDF to ADR.  Was this an accident or a permanent change?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: drempel

ADR2013? It is no longer supported, grab the newer version ADR2018.
Message 3 of 16
drempel
in reply to: pendean

From what I can tell, the latest version was released in 2017 and that appears to be what I have based on the software About info?  How can you tell if it's 2013 or 2018?  All my searches lead to the same ADR download page which is the version I have currently.

drempel_0-1624301494549.png

Message 4 of 16
a_meteni

What error message are you receiving?

Does this happen with all PDFs or specific files?

Message 5 of 16
drempel
in reply to: a_meteni

It says the file I tried to open is not supported. PDF is no longer listed in the supported file types drop down when trying to open the file. Drag and dropping the file into the program also gives the file not supported error. We rolled back the software version yesterday to the previous version and the PDF function continues to work fine there.
Message 6 of 16
a_meteni

That's quite true!!😳 I've upgraded my ADR to Hotfix3 and that's what I get when opening PDF files:

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 16
drempel

Yeah, that's the error I got. No PDFs work. Our solution was to revert back to roll back to the previous version. Is there a way to report a bug? or do you just hope you're lucky enough for Autodesk to read the forums?
Message 8 of 16
a_meteni

Hi @scott.sheppard1   Any comment?

Message 9 of 16
declan_g

Also updated to hotfix 3 and I find some pdfs don't open but some do.

Message 10 of 16
pendean
in reply to: declan_g

@declan_g wrote:
>>>...some pdfs don't open but some do...<<<
Open those PDFs in Acrobat Reader or any other 3rd party PDF reader, go to PROPERTIES for each PDF file, and find out what the differences are: versions most likely, but you'll never know if you only rely on old-ADR for your PDF viewing needs.
Message 11 of 16
declan_g

I dont use pdfs in ADR, they're to laggy, have no link to the dwg file and are of no benifit to our workflow. This is queries coming back to me from engineers wondering why something that worked for them before works no more after an update. The pdfs they want to mark up are coming from an external source that is the reason they are marking up pdfs not dwfs. I will compare the pdfs that work/don't work, I came here first as I wanted to see if others have had same issue.

Message 12 of 16
pendean

No issues here with PDF files that have not been locked from editing or altered or are an unsupported PDF-format here: you have something unique going on with your external PDF drivers.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Having exactly the same problems. Pdf-files (Adobe or Foxit - no matter) older than mid 2019 is no problem. Newer files are impossible to open. Getting the message as shown above in message nr. 6.

Message 14 of 16
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Show us: post a couple of these non-opening PDFs for others to try.
Message 15 of 16
a_meteni

I’ve already tried with several PDFs! No way to open unless I roll back to an earlier update of ADR. 
IMHO, 2013 was the best release ever.

Message 16 of 16
pendean

@a_meteni
>>>...IMHO, 2013 was the best release ever...<<<
Well, apparently not, so... consider opening PDFs in a PDF editor instead, many freebies are still out there if cost is the only thing holding you back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report