Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on teh Application Icon at upper left crashes ADR

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DmetcalfGHY4B
507 Views, 3 Replies

Clicking on teh Application Icon at upper left crashes ADR

I have been using the latest ADR with update msp file.

FYI, I have not linked the DXFx into Revit, as yet.

Problem started when this week ADR crashed when attempting to save changes back to a DWFx markup file. This  resulted in a crash report. I restarted ADR and then attempted to reopen the file by clicking on the Application Icon at the upper left, this promptly crashes ADR again, sending another crash report.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ADR and the msp file. But the problem remains. I am able to open any other DXFx files only by double clicking on the DWFx file. Just not on the file that brought about the crash in the first place. When I double click on the file that brought down ADR originally, it says the file is not compatible with ADR. 

Fortunately, I can go back to the backup system to restore the file.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: DmetcalfGHY4B

You have a bad single file if all others do not exhibit the issue: you will need to replace the file. Sorry, no other options exist.
Message 3 of 4
DmetcalfGHY4B
in reply to: pendean

I did restore from back up.

The tough part was trying to get a clean uninstall and reinstall. Looking for Registry and leftover folders so that the new install will open files from the Application Icon. I don't recall perfectly how I did it though. 

Message 4 of 4

Hi;
I've got exactly the same problem. If you handled it, could you please let me know how you did it?
BR,
Ali

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report