Design & Manufacturing Community Industry Discussions (Read Only)
Share and support your industry peers who are facing and solving the same business challenges.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Community Games 2020 - Final Round!!

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
CGBenner
3739 Views, 30 Replies

Global Community Games 2020 - Final Round!!

CGBenner_0-1605615386816.png

Announcing the Final Round of Competition for the Global Community Games 2020!! 

Preliminary Round winners from around the world will now have a chance to compete with each other for the Championship.

Competitors: This is your chance to re-work your designs if you choose, in order to compete against these other winning designs.  The original design must be used, but can be modified if you wish.  If not, please post the original design here as a reply to this thread.  The same conditions apply as in the first round, we will need ALL of the design files in order to open and inspect your design, and we must have a video of the design in motion. 

Awards*:

Global Competitions Final

1st

1,000 USD worth US Amazon Gift Cards

2nd

600 USD worth US Amazon Gift Cards

3rd

400 USD worth US Amazon Gift Cards

*Note: Awards are in US Dollars for English Community.  The Awards for French, German, Japanese, and Russian Communities are local currency equivalent Gift Cards.

Key Dates in Pacific Standard Time

Event

Global Competitions Final

Start

Nov 17, 2020

Submit the design by

Dec 06, 2020

Winner Announcements

on/around Dec 11, 2020

By continuing in this competition you certify that you have read and agree on Official Rules attached to this post, and the privacy statement.  

Let's take a look at the winners from around the globe so you know what you are competing against!

CGBenner_1-1605616253790.png

CGBenner_4-1605617209548.png

@Anonymous  - Original Submission.

@SirishaShashikanth  - Original Submission

japandm.JPG

japan winners.JPG

@HideoYamada - Original Submission

@hide-wada - Original Submission

germandm.JPG

germanwinners.JPG

@johannes_kimmle - Original Submission

@S_May  - Original Submission

russiadm.JPG

russiawinners.JPG

@sponge.leha - Original Submission

@Anonymous - Original Submission

frenchdm.JPG

frenchwinner.JPG

@labopc - Original Sumbission

Good luck to all competitirs in this Final Round!  Thank you all for your participation in our Global Community Games 2020!!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

@CGBenner Sir,

Do we get a Certificate of Participation in Global Community Games D&M ....??

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 3 of 31

Congratulations to all the Winners.... :party_popper::party_popper::party_popper::party_popper:

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 4 of 31
johannes_kimmle
in reply to: CGBenner

Hello everyone,

maybe it can be justified by the German stereotype, but I hate to be late. So this is me being early…

Here is my submission: A Camera-Panning-Device that can tilt and swivel two webcams. The recording of the webcams is used in real time to detect objects via a MatLab-machine-vision-algorithm.

The MatLab algorithm passes on the pitch and yaw angles to the stepper motors via the stepper motor control in order to align the cameras to the center of the surface of the detected object. The position of the object in three dimensional space can be calculated by triangulation using the set pitch and yaw angles.

machinevision_device.png

The design includes: 

• 2 webcams (Renkforce RFWC)
  • panning device (equipped with four Nema 11 stepper motors)
  • stepper motor controller (designed in Autodesk EAGLE for 4x stepper motor driver TMC2130)
  • the found object of the object-detection-algorithm (represented as a transparent cube).

The panning device was designed using Generative Design (unrestrictive) and is optimized to increase structural stiffness and save weight, ultimately improving accuracy of the triangulation process. The result was printed on an SLA 3D printer. Here is me trying to remove the parts from the print bed and not destroying them (I only broke 2 of them):

3Dprint.jpeg

One half of the device (the one I got of the print bed without destroying it) is currently being tested and looks like this:

lefthalf.jpg

About the mechanism:

The object (transparent cube) can be moved freely by the user, and the two webcams follow the objects area center via the camera pan mechanism (see screen cast).

Simple motion joints and additional components (hidden in the design) were used to construct the object alignment logic.

If the community is interested into more detail, I will gladly provide more information about this project (currently I am working on the object recognition algorithm and the communication between MatLab and the stepper motor control).

I haven’t made any changes to my design from the regional contest.

The CAD-files are zipped and attached, or can be downloaded from this link:

https://a360.co/2Fs5h24

Screencast can be accessed via:

https://autode.sk/2T8ZcuM

===========

@HideoYamada  what an amazing design! How did you come up with the shape of the rolls!? The geometry is super complex.. I can’t wait to read how you designed those shapes! The 2 rolls intertwine smooth as butter! -great work!

@Anonymous didn’t know that was possible with Fusion …how did you implement the damping and the springs!? I am impressed by the dynamics in that simulation! Amazing result!

Thank you Autodesk for organizing those Community Games! And see those brilliant and interesting projects.

I am looking forward to get a deeper insight into the other designs!

-Johannes Kimmle

Message 5 of 31

...and here is the screen cast I forgot to attach

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous

Hello, everyone

I'm glad I got to the final.

A little modification has been made to the individual free aircraft of the competition works,In order to achieve better results.

The original design originates from people's yearning for and beautiful vision of the sky.

You can enjoy a free and safe blue sky.

Personal aircraftPersonal aircraft

The mechanical mechanism of personal free aircraft is mainly divided into three parts:

•  the overall framework
  • chair, armrest, pedal
  •  power structure (engine, wings, etc.)

Powered by four engines.

The wings are rotated to provide the lift needed for the vehicle.

Message 7 of 31
HideoYamada
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Let me show you a mechanism to rotate the box that has never been seen before.

This mechanism was made possible by advanced 3D CAD and 3D milling machines.
The test machine was fabricated with a 3D printer and we were able to verify that it works as intended.

=====
Freeradical
 Hideo Yamada
https://www.freeradical.jp
Message 8 of 31

Hello @HideoYamada,

amazing design! Could you explain to me how you calculated/designed the geometry of the rolls to rotate these boxes please...

This just blows my mind and I have no idea how you have done that! Have you used any additional tools? -like a specific algorithm which calculates the shape!? or any simulations?

-Thank you

Johannes Kimmle

Message 9 of 31
HideoYamada
in reply to: HideoYamada

Oh, failed!

I'm retrying...

Let me show you a mechanism to rotate the box that has never been seen before.

916f0136-39d5-4cba-abd4-05bb62d267e5,

This mechanism was made possible by advanced 3D CAD(Yes, It's Inventor!) and 3D milling machines.

Capture1.png

The test machine was fabricated with a 3D printer and we were able to verify that it works as intended.

Screw.jpg

The finished version of the screw is optimized for conveying materials and is even more complex.

スクリュー.png

Finally, I attach an animated video of the operation at real speed. Please take a look!

Thanks.
=====
Freeradical
 Hideo Yamada
Message 10 of 31
hide-wada

Hello everyone!!

I'm happy to advance to the finals.

The Fusion ball game begins.

Anyone using Fusion 360 can join the game.

It's easy to play.

Just drag the mouse.

The items changed for the final round are equipped with meters for the X-axis, Y-axis, and Z-axis.

For more information, see “How to play the Fusion ball.pdf”.

The feature of The fusion ball is.

1: You can use the “gear shift” “steering” “lever” to move the Fusion Ball in three dimensions.

2: It is equipped with a next-generation compressor (small size, high output, low noise, energy

saving).

3: Olive oil is used as the lubricating oil in consideration of the environment.

4: Anyone can easily customize.

5: This is unfortunately a fictitious model.

If you are a Fusion360 user, please try it.

* Please do not play during work.

We would like to thank AUTODESK for giving us such an opportunity.

Fusion_ball v25_1.pngFusion_ball v25_3.png

Screencast URL  "Fusion ball" preparation (Preparing for the final round and trying "F")

https://autode.sk/3ocnSjB

Hidetoshi Wada
Mechanical designer

EESignature

Message 11 of 31
HideoYamada
in reply to: HideoYamada

I forgot to attach the model file ;_;)

=====
Freeradical
 Hideo Yamada
Message 12 of 31

Hi @johannes_kimmle ,

@johannes_kimmle wrote:

This just blows my mind and I have no idea how you have done that! Have you used any additional tools?

Inventor 2020 or later can create a twisted solid sweep. Without this function, it would have been difficult to make the shape of the screw.

(I started this study before Inventor 2020 was released. Since Inventor 2019 did not have such a useful function, so I had to model by the custom macro.)

The model of the screw was simplified and re-modeled for entry into this contest. The original tool path for solid sweep was written by a complex equation curve to gently and continuously vary the lead of the screw.

=====
Freeradical
 Hideo Yamada
Message 13 of 31

Thank you @HideoYamada for your explanation!

The twisted solid sweep command is a powerful function! Thank you for that hint.

I don't want to think about how you did that without this command in version 2019! -great job!

...had a look at your "freeradical" website you attached -looks like this is not your only amazing project you are involved at -great stuff.

Greetings to you in Japan!

Johannes

Message 14 of 31

@johannes_kimmle wrote:

I don't want to think about how you did that without this command in version 2019! -great job!

That's not a highly recommended approach. See the attached video.

But if the number of divisions is small enough, it looks smooth.

=====
Freeradical
 Hideo Yamada
Message 15 of 31
S_May

AUTODESK DRIVE => 649MB

Hello everyone, a sample system with a pizza oven. The mechanics (robot) can be controlled in all axes via iLogic (without entering angles), and it can still be set down and driven with pinpoint accuracy.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous

Hello!

I present to your attention the work on the study of the car movement with a trailer on bumps.

To conduct the study 3D models of cars and a trailer were built on a scale of 1: 1. Car bodies were developed with the help of surface modeling in Autodesk Fusion 360.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Suspension models were built in Autodesk Inventor 2020. Trailer frame was designed using the frame generator.

5.jpg6.jpg

The loads on the front and rear axles of the vehicle are concentrated in a frame weighing 1900 kg.

The functional calculation of the main car and trailer suspension parameters was performed for the suspension's dynamic simulation in the Autodesk Inventor. The calculation was made for each wheel depending on the weight distribution. The main parameters of the suspension are the stiffness of the elastic elements, the damping coefficient of the shock absorber and the static deflection of the suspension. There were selected stiffness, damping coefficient and friction coefficient for each tire.

The cylindrical connection was added to the front suspension struts. There was added "3D contact" to all wheels with tire parameters. There were calculated Spring / shock absorber / jack power connections with individual parameters to the front and rear suspension. Torque was applied to the front wheels. Gravity was set.

Using the graphical output device, there were obtained the graph of the wheel displacements and the graph of vertical body’s displacements.

4.jpg

Here you can observe the video of the dynamic simulation:

To sum it up, we have an opportunity to carry out kinematic and dynamic analysis of the car suspension due to Autodesk Inventor. Moreover, the visualization of the research results is possible. The results obtained can be used to calculate the strength and durability of vehicle suspension elements. We are able to realize our design potential due to the program Autodesk Fusion 360.

Here is the reference to download the project:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KdZUMo52NIdORTYxvXa5xh5QjC7Vbbsc/view?usp=sharing

Message 17 of 31

Hello,

Thank you for allowing my entry to be a winner in the Preliminary round. 

I am going to explain the project from the beginning and show the improvements made after the first submission.

My first idea to make such a model came through DIY projects (made of cardboard). The initial dimensions were taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdF-B0r_V0

I have used the CAM mechanism. Fusion 360 has given the tools to visualize various ideas for creating various forms. 

Here's the Screencast. 

A Drop of love is an Automaton / Mechanical toy. The message that I would like to give through this model is given at the end of this description.

ezgif-6-5fbb42ed549a.gifA drop of love automata -11.jpgA-drop-of-love-automata-12.jpgA-drop-of-love-automata-13.jpgA-drop-of-love-automata-14.jpgA-drop-of-love-automata-15.jpg

Variations of the product

1)STAR

star.JPG

2)STEP

pattern.JPG

3) Parametric: I tried to make this model parametric. For example, the support size can be changed using user parameters. Size of the cam and gap between them can be changed through parameters. This gives way to easily change the pattern flow of the ripples. Also, a template file has been made where the top shape can be changed. So, a user can get creative about making automata toys easily.

parametric.JPG

I have not yet manufactured any. These files can easily 3d printed, CNC milled or lasercut from Fusion 360 software. Stress analysis can be done before that which is pending.

This product can be a stress buster, a Christmas gift or a showpiece. For me this is a reminder of love and forgiveness.

A drop of love and forgiveness can create the same ripples around them and make the world a better place to live.

I would like to see this product at home, to remind that relationships can be maintained through love and forgiveness, at the office to reconcile with your team, at every country’s President’s desk to solve the international issues through dialog and save the lives of soldiers and establish world peace.

So, the message is 

A drop of love and forgiveness can create the same ripples around them and can bring inner peace and world peace.

Sirisha Shashikanth
Autodesk expert Elite Member
Product Designer, Online Fusion 360 Trainer
Mechatheart
LinkedIn & Instagram

Message 18 of 31

Attaching another file here

Sirisha Shashikanth
Mechatheart
LinkedIn & Instagram

Message 19 of 31

Just blown away by all the entries. I have so much to learn..... All the best for the finals. Let's all keep doing the good work...

Sirisha Shashikanth
Mechatheart
LinkedIn & Instagram

Message 20 of 31

Here's the Screencast

https://autode.sk/3genJck

Sirisha Shashikanth
Mechatheart
LinkedIn & Instagram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report