Data Exchange Community
Welcome to the community conversation around interoperability workflows enabled by Autodesk Data Exchange Connectors, SDKs, and APIs. What are Data Exchanges? Instead of sharing a file, share a subset of geometry and properties from your model for use in other apps!

Learn more on our landing page.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
pprinsWU4RG
155 Views, 2 Replies

Connect an approval workflow

Data Exchange could really have huge potential. I fancy chances on having a option to create data exchange for the construction site. The benefits are quitte easy. Models are very light, and good to handle on a mobile device.

Here a some possible steps:

1. Publish a model part from your design software into ACC;
  2. Create a data exchange of this model part;
  3. When you get the window (for choosing a location to save the data exchange), it would be great to have an option to select an approval workflow. Now it is possible to setup a published and approved model for the construction site.
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jtishauser
in reply to: pprinsWU4RG

By implementing a possibility of adding a workflow we can handle data exchanges the same way as other project documentation. This way we can add these to our CDE flow according to ISO19650 and adding release management and versioning

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for sharing the awesome workflow idea both! Let's keep the discussion going...

I just did a quick test, and once I've created a Data Exchange, I can right click on it and 'submit for review' - this brings up the workflow dialog -- I'm wondering if this meets the requirements you're setting out? Have you tried this workflow to see if it meets your intended outcomes? Especially when it comes to stringent processes like ISO 19650!

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 8.50.25 AM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report