Data Exchange Community
Welcome to the community conversation around interoperability workflows enabled by Autodesk Data Exchange Connectors, SDKs, and APIs. What are Data Exchanges? Instead of sharing a file, share a subset of geometry and properties from your model for use in other apps!

Learn more on our landing page.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 & Revit Sync data exchange file size

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rstrinati
481 Views, 3 Replies

BIM 360 & Revit Sync data exchange file size

Hi guys, 

Im trying to retrieve the size of the data exchange when a file is synced to BIM 360. I can get the 'storageSize' of the item versions through the Data management API. However this isnt the information Im interested in. Im trying to retrieve the data size of the small changes to the file each time its synchronised and uploaded to BIM 360. 

I thought that by retrieving the model.sync reference from the Webhooks API I would be able to get that information but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be listed in the attributes of that reference.

Is there another way of retrieving the data exchange size when the model is synced? 

Kind regards,

Rico

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven_phung
in reply to: rstrinati

The size of the data exchange file that exists is not changing since the data is not stored as a file in the traditional sense. The data is stored in APS as part of the Data Exchange API. The benefit of this is with a data exchange you can do queries to get the data you need using our GraphQL API and SDK. The downside is we don't know the precise size on disk because of this, its not a concept that maps well to data model as opposed to a file you can count the bytes of easily.

Can you say a little bit more about your use case?

Message 3 of 4
rstrinati
in reply to: steven_phung

Thanks for the reply Sphung!,

Thats interesting, thanks for the explanation. As I understand it, the traditional method of checking files won't work, however I can extract the data from transmission logs to measure the data being transferred using the GraphQL API?

For context I am trying to assess how much data my organization is exporting to our ACC Hub to calculate our carbon footprint more effectively. 

Im going to do some reading on the GraphQL API as I haven't used it before. 

Thanks again,

Rico

Message 4 of 4
steven_phung
in reply to: rstrinati

The GraphQL API will let you run a query to be able to understand what has changed since the last version.

See this page that references it and giver it a shot using the GraphQL Explorer, you'll want to look at using the latest and latest-1 values. These will let you make a request for what the newly added data is.

https://aps.autodesk.com/en/docs/fdxgraph/v1/developers_guide/API%20Essentials/constructs/

https://aps-dx-explorer.autodesk.io/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report