Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Tips & Tricks to make model as light as possible

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
386 Views, 3 Replies

Looking for Tips & Tricks to make model as light as possible

Hi All,

We are currently testing Configurator 360. In Inventor we already have several configurators made with iLogic.

This 3D iLogics models contains iParts, framegenerators etc.

We want to make an iLogic model for the configurator 360 as simple as possible. So that the performance in Configurator 360 will be great.

So I have deleted non-visible parts, made simplified parts from sub-assemblies, replaced iParts with normal parts, replaced framegenerator parts with normal parts and deleted the framegenerator subassembly.

Now I'm busy with options. When you choose an option, that part or subassembly will be unsurpressed and another one will be surpressed. Instead of surpressing and unsurpressing parts I used on one option visibility on\off.

Is turning on\off visibility better for the performance or can I better use surpress\unsupress?

And in general, how can I get the best performance? Is there an article about this? I did't find it.

Thanks!

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JMGunnar
in reply to: Anonymous

Were do you want too use C360Confiuration ?

It is used by technical sales engineers?

Customer ?

Salespeople ?

Johan 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JMGunnar

Hi Johan,

It's meant for customers who want to use the 3D model in their own designs. We produce conveyors.

So the customer can configurate a belt conveyor with options. If they are finished, they can download the 3D STEP (or other format) and use is in their designs.

And if they want, they can ask for a quote, but that's not the main goal at this moment.

Engineers wants to have the models quick, they rather not want to wait for several minutes for the complete model is available. That's why I want it to make it as quick as possible.

Best regards,

John

Message 4 of 4
KKizildemir
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John,

Reducing the number of parameters may speed up your C360 designs. The other factors depend on your code infrastructure and are more complex.

I am founding partner of Codeo, working on design automation and cpq applications based on Inventor and C360.

One of our customers from UK, requested a help to speed up their C360 designs on this forum as you did. We've generated a special code in VS and speeded up to 3 times faster than before. I think Business-To-Consumer sales processes needs more speed to ķeep potential customers on configuring C360 designs.

In another project, we've created conveyor assets like factory design suite on C360. You may want to watch this app video or maybe you would like to try it. Here are the links:

Try it:

https://configurator360.autodesk.com/570188075076641237/8hlqvxf80wmn

If you want to be informed about details please don't hesitate to send an email to kivanc.kizildemir@codeo.com.tr

Kind regards,

Kivanc

Signature

website
emailskypelinkedinyoutubeemail

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report