Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machining order - several setup - cam folder

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
404 Views, 6 Replies

Machining order - several setup - cam folder

Hei.

I have created a cam / milling part that requiers sever works setup - G54-55-56-57 as it needs to be indexed while milling.

Are there a way to sort the operation after tools - meaning i want to complete all the opereations with the active tool, milling features from several setups. I tried to use the folder functions and collect the same tools there, but the folder always get stored under one of the setups, and when dragging one operation into the folder, it changes the setup to the setup belonging to the folder, so i need recalculate the toolpath and then it gets a wrong G54-55-56.

It seems like i managed to get it work once, but now i can manage it anymore.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Steinwerks
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Are you trying to create a single program in which you manually index the part, as in a vise or several different vises?

Edit: or are you indexing on a rotary?

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Steinwerks

Hello again. Not easy to explain by words. mby i need to post you a file?

Im using an indexer - A axsis paralell with the x-axsis.

I prefer to use one setup for each side on the tombstone - part that are machined to get better tolarances.

It means that in the program I would need to make several setup - one for each indexed site.

When using the same tool in many setups I would like to be able to sort the operations after tools - and in a specific order, picked from the different setups.

Taking T1 from setup 1-2-3 then T3 from setup 3-2-1, T10 from setup -2-3-1

If i put all the same tools/operations in one folder the operations changes the setup to the same setup as where the folder are stored under. So it can be used as the setup(G54.... ) will be wrong

Did it become more clear?

If not let me know what kind of file/illustration you need to be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 7
Steinwerks

As far as I know, they would all have to be part of the same setup to run by tool, and would have to be programmed in that order as well.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hmm - not good.

Will it help you if i send you a programmed file - mby it will make you understand the problems better?

Thats surely a thing to improve in the SW if it cant be a possibility to complete the opererations from one tool taken from different setusp - thats a big need when will parts on a rotary. 

When iI see how good this SW works in other fields - it surprise me that this cant be done.

What kind of file format could help you?

Message 6 of 7
Steinwerks

You can share it here if you export a .F3D file, and then others can take a look at it too. I suspect you'll need to model your setup and you can run the whole thing as a single program with Tool Orientation to run the indexer.
Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for feedback.

Sometimes its hard to creat a correct rotation line or setup of the parts in the machine and it can be easier to have severla worksetups in the mill - easier to adjust the part to.

Like in this part we premake the wood part in an old machine and do part of the milling in CNC. and we dont have a correct 3D model of the part.

By using a new work setup on each side I can adjust it easy to fit not needing to think of the center of rotation.

But would like to complete all the work with one tool on all sides before chaning tool.

I attach the machining order window from my current cam program.

Can something like this be done in Fusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report