Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't generate Turning tool path

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joe
Advocate
317 Views, 5 Replies

Can't generate Turning tool path

Not sure what I am missing. Error: No input contour. Haven't seen this before.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: joe

First off you need to select a surface for the Z axis then turn on spun profile. Your face op will work then, also you have the ID and OD set to stock OD you need to set the ID to Stock ID.

Clipboard3.png

For the groove I think it will work better if you use single grove and select like this.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
joe
Advocate
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks Mark, I am struggling with geometry selection. How do you know what geometry to select for the grooving operation? I never would have thought of selecting  what you did. Same thing on the other end of the part, I tried to select a face and edge, two edges and I can't get a tool path that works. There is so little info on Turning that it makes it tough to learn. Do you know of any other souses for learning Turning?

Message 4 of 6
HughesTooling

Took me a while to figure out way this file was causing problems, the trouble is caused because you've moved the part in the model workspace and left it in an unsaved position, if you click revert it all works correctly.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
joe
Advocate
in reply to: HughesTooling

Mark, Where did you learn how to use Fusion Turning? Is there any rule to follow when selecting geometry? Turning seems less straight forward than milling.

Thanks for your help on this.

Message 6 of 6
HughesTooling

@Anonymous wrote:

Mark, Where did you learn how to use Fusion Turning? Is there any rule to follow when selecting geometry? Turning seems less straight forward than milling.

Thanks for your help on this.

I tend to learn best from the press a button see what happens process, I'm dyslexic so written manuals don't work for me. I've used a couple of other CAM programs and some of it's similar so that helps. You were a bit unlucky with this problem, if you hadn't moved the part most of it would have worked first time and would have been a lot easier to experiment with.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report