Community
Community Meet & Greet
Introduce yourself and meet the Autodesk Community. Network, create connections and build your reputation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passionate Enthusiast new to CAD

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Nut_n_Bolt
583 Views, 5 Replies

Passionate Enthusiast new to CAD

Greetings from a Passionate Enthusiast: Introducing Myself to the AutoCAD Fusion 360 Forums

Dear AutoCAD Fusion 360 Community,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Trevor, and I am thrilled to join this vibrant community of CAD and 3D printing enthusiasts. As a newcomer to the world of CAD and 3D printing, I am eager to embark on this exciting journey of creativity and innovation.

Allow me to share a bit about myself. I am a 51-year-old individual with a rich background in IT as a System Architect for the past 24 years. While my professional life has been dedicated to the intricate details of IT systems, my personal passion lies in the world of vintage automobiles. Currently, I am engrossed in the restoration of a 1937 Pontiac SilverStreak 224, a Canadian gem proudly manufactured in Oshawa, Ontario. It's fascinating to note that it shares its lineage with the iconic USA Chevy Master 6.

With a desire to merge my IT skills with my love for classic cars, I have set out on a mission to learn AutoCAD Fusion 360. The goal is to leverage this powerful tool to design and produce intricate car parts for my vintage project. The prospect of working with materials like Carbon Nylon adds an extra layer of excitement to the journey.

In my workshop, I have a Mingda Magician Pro 3D printer with an impressive 400x400x400 printing capacity. This robust machine is set to be a key player in bringing my CAD designs to life. I am particularly intrigued by the endless possibilities that Fusion 360 offers, and I am eager to connect with fellow enthusiasts who share a passion for both the technical and creative aspects of this field.

I am reaching out to this community not only to seek guidance and insights as I navigate the learning curve of Fusion 360 but also to build connections with like-minded individuals who appreciate the fusion of technology and craftsmanship. I am confident that this forum will be an invaluable resource as I embark on this exciting chapter of my journey.

Thank you for welcoming me into the AutoCAD Fusion 360 community. I look forward to learning, sharing, and growing together with all of you.

Best regards,

Nut n' Bolt | Ontario Canada
3D Printer: Mingda Magician Pro (400mm Large Format)
Software: Fusion 360 Personal Use, Cura Slicer
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
patrick.emin
in reply to: Nut_n_Bolt

Hi Trevor, you are on the right place ! Our Fusion 360 forums will certainly answer all your questions and no doubt our users will benefit from your own experience: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360/ct-p/1234

Patrick Emin animateur de la communauté francophone

Vous avez trouvé un message utile? Alors donnez un "J'aime" à ce message!
Votre question a eu une réponse satisfaisante? Voulez vous avoir l'amabilité de cliquer sur le bouton
 APPROUVER LA SOLUTION  en bas de la réponse qui apporte une solution?
Signez notre Livre d'Or
Message 3 of 6
Nut_n_Bolt
in reply to: patrick.emin

Thank You
Message 4 of 6
schultz.rick2

@Nut_n_Bolt 

Hi Trevor welcome! I too am new to the forum and new to Fusion 360.  Fusion is big change from Sketch-Up.  

I alao have an antique car that I am working on this winter.  Its a 1931 Model A Roadster.  Doing a full brake restoration. Swapping original stamped steel brake drums for new cast iron. Relining brake pads, new bearings and linkage adjustments.  Then on to new clutch, pressure plate and some wiring upgrades.

I don't have a 3d printer but would love to someday. 

Rick

Message 5 of 6
Nut_n_Bolt

There is a forum called AACA that could help with restoration tips, combine this CAD forum and that, the marriage of 3D parts and cars will be unbelievable:)

Message 6 of 6
FUSION49ers

Awesome intro Trevor. I am glad you love modeling vintage cars as a hobby while maintaining your occupation in computer technology. I am glad that you came to join the Autodesk community forums! Sir if you need any help with anything I can answer or walk through any issues you may come across. I started out F360 in 2022 but since I got certified I had a lot of experience already. Feel free to ask questions if you’re stuck, I have done a lot of assemblies and stuff on Fusion as well. 

Have a great day and go 49ers. 

~ from a FAITHFUL 49ers fan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report