Community
Community Meet & Greet
Introduce yourself and meet the Autodesk Community. Network, create connections and build your reputation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New on the forum

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dkgrimm
322 Views, 2 Replies

New on the forum

P3170019b.jpgGreetings from Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  I'm retied from Avionics Systems Engineering, doing some consulting, and doing a lot of mechanical design for my home shop machinist hobby.  Brand new user of AutoCad LT, but I have a library of hundreds of drawing from about 25 years of using AutoSketch.  Looking forward to getting to know people who have similar interests.

Don Grimm

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
camilo.lemos
in reply to: dkgrimm

Greetings, Don! Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Great to actually see a face on an introductory post 🙂 

It sounds like you have a lot of experience and I'm looking forward to reading your contributions to the community!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 3
thixoman
in reply to: dkgrimm

Hi Don, ,

I still use 2.1 more often than not, ,

Autosketch / CAD file Conversions, , , SKF-SKD-CAD-DXF-DWG, etc

Hi All

There are some of us who, for reasons unknown, still have and use programs going back to Windows 3.1.1,  otherwise known as 'back in the day'. Over the last 2 decades, thru this Autodesk site, I have,  rendered or converted over 1500 files in all configs and O/S, even old school Intergraph / Microstation and beyond. The first DOS cad program I used was Autosketch 1, then Autosketch 2.1 WINDOWS  and then Generic ( geriatric ) CAD 6, , ,  still have all of them. The program of which you speak of in 2014 format only works on systems using  newer operating systems, , ,  of the 8  CAD stations I curerntly run, 2 are still using DOS 5, DOS 6.1 & windows 3.1.1. and Windows 95. Its mostly for us old farts that need to have the old files brought back to life. My plotters were HP 7550, printer was an HP500C, then the big jump to Draftmaster II, , ,

Anyway, thats my story, and it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report