Community
Community Meet & Greet
Introduce yourself and meet the Autodesk Community. Network, create connections and build your reputation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fusion 360 User

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
283 Views, 2 Replies

New Fusion 360 User

Hello All!,

I'm from Indiana USA and retired from the automobile industry about sixteen years ago. I hired in as an apprentice tool & die maker out of high school and after obtaining my journeymen's card I went into skilled trades management. I also managed to earn a BS in Mechanical Engineering attending night school. During my automotive career I worked in tool design, manufacturing engineering, and project manager in special machine building. Before retiring I was part of a team teaching value stream mapping and natural work groups.

After retiring, I did contract engineering as a mechanical design checker, supervisor in a test facility on 2 mode hybrid transmissions, and as a product engineer at a Li battery start up.

I'm currently not working but have just purchased a bench top CNC mill for my home shop to go along with my 9" south bend lathe. I still have the urge to design and build, I guess it's in my DNA, my g-father, father, and all my uncles were in the trades.

I moved from another design software to Fusion 360 for the parametric environment but I have much to learn!

Next year I plan to add 3d printing to my skill set and who knows, I may start picking up outside work to support my hobby projects!

Later!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous , welcome to Autodesk Community! We're glad to have you here.

To help you make the best out of the Community, we’ve put together a quick 1-2-3 getting started guide, which goes over the basics of how to post, rules and etiquette, and explains about our great Industry Communities, where the focus of conversations is typically workflow optimization, product interoperability, industry trends, connecting with like-minded peers and making industry connections, training resources, and more.

Glad to hear you've started using Fusion 360! I'd recommend you explore our Fusion 360 support and learning center where you can find documentation, tutorials, videos, and troubleshooting resources to help you learn the product. Feel free to post in the Fusion 360 Forums where you can find many experts who are happy to share their knowledge if you need any help. @CGBenner, our Community Manager for Design & Manufacturing communityis also happy to guide you and support you in the forums so feel free to reach out!

Hope you enjoy the Community and get connected with the resources you need! 🙂

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 3
CGBenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Thanks @lynn_zhang !  Like she said, welcome to the Community!  There is a lot of activity in the Fusion 360 forums, and we also have a fairly new >>Facebook group<<  where you can post questions, tips,... or just show off what you're working on.  If you run into any trouble, just use the @tag (like in this message) to get my attention.  I'm a Fusion newbie myself, so I probably can't answer many product questions, but I can certainly help you find your way around these resources.  Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report