Community
Community Meet & Greet
Introduce yourself and meet the Autodesk Community. Network, create connections and build your reputation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intro, Hi all!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
608 Views, 4 Replies

Intro, Hi all!!

Hello everyone!,
Long term AutoCAD user (in a regular office/work environment). I have been laid off for a while and thought it would be interesting to freelance as a designer. Found a start-up company that wants a couple of designs done and so I started looking for a new software platform that was affordable and easy to use.
Fusion 360 seemed like an interesting platform to work with, so I had downloaded the trial version. I like the options and flexibility it provides and so decided to subscribe.
I am still playing around with the trial version waiting for the access email (hopefully won't be long!)
In the meantime looking through the forums to find answers to some queries I have.
Regards
Asanga

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the forums

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the community, here is also some great info for new users to help you get started.

It's also worth saying that there is a personal version of Fusion 360 which is free and contains most of the tools in the commercial version of Fusion 360.

Fusion 360 forums: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360/ct-p/1234 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your quick reply and the information! I had been trying the free version for a couple of days now and decided to subscribe monthly. I need it to design something for a start-up venture, and although I am doing it for free, I am hoping that this will bring more design work my way.
Just a question, when I get access to the full version, how do I transfer the work I'd already done with the free version?Just in case, I've saved all my work on my PC as well. But if there is a way to directly transfer them, that would be nice!

Thanks again for your reply!

Regards

Asanga

Message 4 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Community.  I'm Chris, the Community Manager for Product Design & Manufacturing.  I see that @leowarren34 has already shared our getting started information with you, that's great!  Thanks, Leo!

For your Fusion question I would direct that to the Fusion forums themselves, as we are probably not the best people to address this.  The experts there should be able to help you.

Also take a look, when you have time, at our Design & Manufacturing Industry resources, there might be some good content in there for you, and we refresh it every couple of weeks.  in fact, we have been running a webinar series for Fusion users that can be found on You Tube.  The current page is on Video #4 or 5, but you can follow the link back to the series on You Tube.

I hope you have a great experience in our Community!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CGBenner

Thank you for the reply and the information Chris.
Best regards
Asanga

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report