Community
Community Meet & Greet
Introduce yourself and meet the Autodesk Community. Network, create connections and build your reputation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings from Dresden, Germany

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
902 Views, 5 Replies

Greetings from Dresden, Germany

Hi. My name is Heather Ceana Craig. I'm an American living permanently in Dresden, Germany. I'm a Technical Writer, who has dabbled in Technical Drawing. My new position allows me to document AutoCAD and Revit add-ons created by Faro 3D Software Solutions. To that end, I am learning AutoCAD and Revit. I am a novice, so I don't have any tips or tricks, yet. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Tarek_K
in reply to: Anonymous

Hallo @Anonymous und willkommen in der Autodesk Community!

Ich hoffe du bist gut in Deutschland angekommen und es gefällt dir hier. Ansonsten klingt dein Job auf jeden Fall sehr spannend. Wenn du AutoCAD und Revit lernen, Fragen stellen oder auch bei Diskussionen mitmachen möchtest, kann ich dir auf jeden Fall die entsprechenden Foren in der deutschsprachigen Community, hier auf der Plattform empfehlen.

Sei herzlich eingeladen mitzulesen, jeder Zeit Fragen zu stellen und auch bei stattfindenden Konversationen beizutragen.

Freut mich auf jeden Fall, dass du dich hier vorgestellt hast und Teil der Community bist! 🙂

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button. 

Tarek Khodr
Community Manager

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Tarek_K

Hi Terek,

I've been here over 17 years. Yes, I arrived well in Nov 2000. Thank you for the inquiry. I speak, read, and write fluent German, but only write it when forced to. I do not want to be part of the German community in AutoDesk. I put my location as UK for that specific reason. I work in English, so all of my programs are installed in English. Thus, I wish to be part of an English-speaking community. I'm confused enough functioning every day in 2 languages. Anyone else get tired of being forced into a language set because of where you're located in this supposedly advanced-technological society? I prefer to have a choice.

Cheers!

Heather Ceana
Message 4 of 6
Tarek_K

Hello @Anonymous,

no worries, you have the choice! We also have English, Turkish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, French, Portuguese and Spanish forums. So there is variaty to pick from. 😉 The whole English forum list you can find here. For your convenience have the Revit and also the AutoCAD board linked. So it was my fault assuming that the German boards might be a good start, so sorry for that.

Hope you enjoy the English boards I linked as all boards are on one big Community platform. 🙂

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button. 

Tarek Khodr
Community Manager

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Tarek_K

Fantastic. Thanks so much for your help and understanding. Cheers!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Guten Tag, ich sprechen einbiesten deutsch....

I'm sure I wholly butchered that which was my humorous attempt at sharing my little German I remember from High School......yes high school was a lonnnggggg time ago:smSmiley Very Happy

I am a novice as well with AutoCAD and find my comfort zone in Electrical Engineering tools as I am an EE 🙂

Nice to meet you.

I need to learn enough to edit some 2D drawings so won't be getting to deep into the tool, but would like community to share questions and struggles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report