Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing a new way to add video to Autodesk Community posts

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Tarek_K
2339 Views, 0 Replies

Announcing a new way to add video to Autodesk Community posts

We’re pleased to announce that a new tool is now available to upload and share videos in Autodesk Community.  

The new tool is a quick and reliable way to add videos to your posts using any standard video format. Using the new tool will make it easy for you to: 

• Share a screen recording showing issues you’re experiencing or questions you have 
  • Share a screen recording to show others how to resolve issues or questions
  • Share visual tutorials, walk through complex steps, or demonstrate a workflow, tips and tricks, and how-to guides  

To learn more about how to upload and share video in Community, check out our new Video User Guide. 

The new video tool will replace Autodesk Screencast for uploading and sharing videos in Autodesk Community. We encourage Community members that still have access to Screencast to start using the new tool to upload and share video content now. The Autodesk Screencast feature will be retired on January 31, 2023. To learn more about the retirement of Screencast, including how to download and migrate existing Screencast videos, please read the Screencast Retirement FAQ. 

Uploading video: FAQs 

How do I upload and share videos using the new tool on Autodesk Community? 

For detailed instructions on how to upload and share videos, check out our new Video User Guide.  

Which products or services should I use to record videos to share on Autodesk Community? 

You can post videos created using your preferred video recording products to Autodesk Community. Autodesk can’t make specific recommendations and does not endorse any specific products. You will have to decide on the tool that best meets your unique use case(s).  

Popular options currently being used by Community members include Slack and Zoom (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android), Camtasia (Windows and MacOS), Snagit (Windows and MacOS), CloudApp (Windows, macOS, iOS, and Chrome), and OBS Studio (Linux).  

In addition to these options, you’ll find other free and purchasable products in the Microsoft App Store, Mac App Store, and Chrome Web Store. 

What file formats can I upload? 

We recommend that you upload videos in H.264.  

You can also use the following commonly used file formats: Video Codecs: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VP6, VP5, H.264, H.263, WMV/WMA, and MJPEG; Audio Codecs: AAC, MP3, WMA, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WAV, ADPCM. 

What is the maximum file size I can upload? 

Files must be no more than 500MB. 

Will I still be able to use Screencast to share video content? 

We recommend that Community members start using the new video tool to upload and share video content. For more information, please read the Screencast Retirement FAQ. 

What is going to happen to existing Screencasts in Community posts and on my profile? 

Any embedded Screencast that exists within Autodesk Community posts will continue to be visible into the future to support the historical knowledge and solutions available when customers are searching for answers to their Autodesk software questions.  

Any embedded Screencast that is hosted within a customer’s blog or website will also continue to be visible into the future.  

After Jan 31, 2023, all other Screencast content will be deleted from Autodesk servers.  

For more information, please read the Screencast Retirement FAQ. 

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button. 

Tarek Khodr
Community Manager

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report