Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put more pipe and structure parameters onto properies palette

Put more pipe and structure parameters onto properies palette

Designing pipe networks isn't so easy as it could have been.

As for me changing geometry and size parameters of pipes (i.e. slopes, size, top and bottom outer diameter elevation, centerline - not just invert as it's possible now) and structures via right mouse click and looking through specific element props - is NOT user friendly.

I would love to change all those (more or less) directly via PROPERTIES PALETTE, including in pipe or structure profile view.

5 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. We will review the idea while other customers comment and vote on it.

jefferyjensen
Advocate

Yes this would be very helpful. Also if the properties panel will show the following:

1-PRESSURE NETWORK the pressure part is assigned to, even if this is just read only.

2-Change the assigned pipe style in the properties panel. Currently this is done in the PARTS LIST from settings toolspace.

3-Show if the pressure pipe is the newer path-based or older part-based.

pperales2
Advocate

You guys could also look into having feature line properties but for the pipe network. Mainly straight grade. Also being able to change the inverts of pipes and structures and slopes on the fly like the add-on quuxpipeelevationeditor.

TimYarris
Autodesk

Have you folks tried using Project Explorer for editing pipe networks? The majority of what you've described can be accomplished from that single, modeless interface (which is far more powerful than the Properties palette).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbjlyQ2_v7A

pperales2
Advocate

That is good and all, but a simple straight grade feature would have sufficed. Especially if I do not have to update to CIVIL 3D 2021 or 2022. Plan view edits are simple and do not need many windows opened at once.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report