Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Part Swap

Multiple Part Swap

It would be very helpful to be able to swap multiple parts instead of having to do each individually.

38 Comments
Jay_B
Mentor

It would be nice to have a Swap Part command added to pressure pipes, similar to the gravity pipe network Swap Part command.

tony1978
Collaborator

What if we had tool where you can select one pipe section, then right click and have a feature for mutlple pipe swap. Then it would highlight my first pipe section that I selected, I could then just hover the pipes sections that I want to change. This feature would work just like the corridor create interactive surface boundary features. When I hit ENTER the small swap pipe dialog box would appear allow me to choose new pipe size. 

2015-04-09_14-05-18.png

neyton_
Advocate
doni49
Mentor

I just had to deal with this issue myself last week.  What a PITA!

Next time download the SincPac or if you can find it an old version of the Civil 3D Reminders Pack source code it's in there as well. Heck the Civil 3D Reminders Pack code is freely available and copyable. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed

hp_chan
Enthusiast

Pipe networks can be swap parts, it is very convenient.

I would like the pressure network can also have this function.

C3D_TomR
Collaborator
There really should be a lot more kudos for this request.
Tentie
Advocate
Or at least the ability to edit the pipe size!
agentornge75
Enthusiast

This simple lack of functionality cripples the pressure pipe design capability.  I use it to layout my network only (to stay true to band and fitting parameters), and then I explode it.  Once the design is at 95%, I'll relayout with the (hopefully final) waterline sizes and do the profiles, so I can get my crossings in my Storm and Sanitary profiles.

It's pretty sad that I have to double my work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd think after as many years as Pressure Pipes has been out they'd make it a little more easy. They are expecting the tech to be perfect HAHA or the engineer to no thange their mind!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And they wonder why people don't use pressure pipes. The old copy FG is more user friendly that PP.

Status changed to: Gathering Support

This is a duplicate of: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideastation/multiple-part-swap/idi-p/5590855

Regards,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

This is a duplicate of: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-ideastation/multiple-part-swap/idi-p/5590855

Regards,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

Regards,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

agentornge75
Enthusiast

No, it's not.

One is 'I'd like to switch multiple parts at the same time (pressure or pipe, or whatever). the other is 'please add the swap functionality that is missing from the pressure pipes design module'.

that's substantially different, in my opinion.

-Greg Hatchette.

hp_chan
Enthusiast

Dear Peter Funk,

My idea concern that pressure network can have the swap part function. This is not same as the multiple part swap of pipe network.

Regards,

hp_chan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was so excited to have pressure pipes when I moved to C3D 2015 - what a let down to learn about its limited functionality.

Tentie
Advocate
I agree - they are not the same, although the programming side of it may be similar.

I understand they are not the same thing. By calling the 2 "swap part" ideas duplicates of "swap multiple parts" it does two things: it doubles the number of kudos for swapping multiple parts and second it will remind us to make sure that any swap multiple parts tool works well swapping a single part.

In the future, well combine duplicate ideas inside of IdeaStation, adding the kudos and comments together. Right now I do this on our planning spreadsheet.

Regards,

Peter Funk
Sr Product Manager
Civil 3D
Autodesk, Inc.

Status changed to: Accepted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report