Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock feature line grade

lock feature line grade

Possibility to lock feature line's grade would help us a lot.

By changing the grade of interim (incoming) feature line grade you determin the start of the locked grade feature line, but change also the endpoint elevation of it by the fixed grade.

This would function as a zero length grading (which we don't have as well).

In the light of instability of gradings - gradings except infills get corrupt when you edit the feature line it's based on - this option would help us a great deal.

Cheers

Robert

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very good idea, I would like to add the ability to lock the length of a feature line aswell! So when you have more feature lines connected to 1 point it would be nice to be able to lock the length of a feature line so when I change things this line keeps the length, and not stretch.

scaldwell73
Enthusiast

I'd be happy with the ability to lock a grade between two vertices along a feature line. Would be pretty handy when doing ADA ramps and such. You could grab the top and pull the bottom up or vice versa. Anything to make grading quicker. Thinking more on it, if you could lock all the elevation with a quick click then you could do vertice stretching without needing to use the .XY filters. Just a thought.

AdammReilly
Collaborator

I'd love to have a segment grade/slope lock, so that it holds the grade from the start or end (two separate toggles in the elevation editor). 

Uses I have thought about this for are setting inlet tops:

Grade the curb and the curb inlet top feature (3-segments touching the curb in two places) would be locked relative to the back of curb line. Or a grate inlet locked relative to a flowline coming into it (4+ segments all locked at 0% from the incoming feature lines).

jameshitt
Collaborator

This would be an incredibly useful feature. I would use it for setting fine grading of subdivision lot pads.

HCWOK
Community Visitor

I completely agree. This would be helpful for accessible ramps, sidewalk cross slopes, and tying curbs so that moving the face or back of curb elevation also adjusts the other line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report