Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit object data through labels

Edit object data through labels

I wish I could double click a point elevation label and be able to edit the elevation directly instead of having to go through the Properties window.

I wish I could double click the slope or vertex elevation label for a feature line and edit either value instead of having to open the Elevation Editor and work through a table.  Ugh.

I wish I could double click a grade label on a profile and edit the value instead of having to go through the Panorama Profile Grid View (i.e. another table).

You get the idea by now.  Sure would be nice if object data that's available to edit in some table could also be directly edited in a label.  Tables are great for machines, but people are visual.   

1 Comment
Simon_Blain
Advocate

«I wish I could double click the slope or vertex elevation label for a feature line and edit either value instead of having to open the Elevation Editor and work through a table.  Ugh.»

Modify your CUI to make double clicking a featureline call up the «quick elevation edit» command. Works wonder for me 🙂 and sounds close enough to your request (for this one at least)

That's the object name :

AECC_FEATURE_LINE

That's the macro of the command :

^C^C_AeccQuickEditFeatureElevs

As for the other parts of your idea, I voted for it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report