Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of hidden/transparent commands

Customization of hidden/transparent commands

There are some hidden/transparent commands that override command aliases. For instance, I tried to use "SS" as subtract and "U" as UCS but both "SS" and "U" already have built in commands that are not customizable. I like to keep my left hand on the keyboard and my right hand on the mouse so that I can be an efficient drafter, however these transparent commands keep me from being the most efficient. Customization of these transparent commands would be very helpful because then aliases would be fully customizable with no limits.

2 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi @Anonymous. This is a good idea, but I expect we (the Civil 3D team) will need help from the AutoCAD team to implement this at their level. I'll add it to the list of things to discuss with them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TimYarris Thanks! That would be awesome. A temporary work around is using the "UNDEFINE" command to unbind a command from it's transparent shortcut but this has two issues:

1. Any changes are reset every time.

2. Once the undefine is performed, the undefined command no longer works. ie. if you undefine "U", then the shortcut "CTRL+Z" no longer works as undo and gives the message "Unknown command "U", Press F1 for help.".

I believe there is also a way to edit the LSP file to alleviate the transparent command issue, but it seems very difficult.

Thanks again!

- Jake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report