Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D changes automatically the status (dynamic to static) of some objects.

Civil 3D changes automatically the status (dynamic to static) of some objects.

Sometimes, I don´t like some behaviour in Civil 3D because this does some actions without asking to the user.

For example:

If we have surface corridor sections in our section views and we destroy the corridor (or remove a subassembly of our assembly),then is obvious that there is no data to create a surface corridor section, because the surface is empty, so Civil 3D automatically converts the dynamic surface corridor section to "static" surface section.

Then ,it is very confusing because you are seeing a surface section which is static!!!  is non-updated data.

Another example:

You have surface sections in the section views, and you remove the surface object in the drawing file...Civil 3D automatically converts the dynamic surface sections to STATIC surface sections.

The workaround in these cases would be remove the source in the SampleLine Group, but generally I miss to do this (and I think the most users neither do this).

So, I would like that Civil 3D asks us (messagebox), if we are agree to convert the dynamic sections to static sections, please !!

2 Comments
joantopo
Mentor

Messagebox:" convert surface sections to Static or Remove them:"  S / R

joantopo
Mentor

Also for surface profile which is converted to static if we remove the surface.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report